Thursday 9 May 2019

Thursday, 09-05-19

Good morning!

Only one photo for the diary today; breakfast was baked oats and it was delicious.





















What a relief!  Four and a half pounds off at weigh in yesterday which deals with last week's gain and a bit of the previous gain too.  I feel encouraged and motivated - I'm on the way again.

Today's food plans:

B:  strawberry and vanilla waffles with strawberries, blueberries and yogurt
They had wonky strawberries in Morrisons plus a few packs of YS strawberries so I'm well off for them right now.  Add to that the fact that I bought a small bottle of 'strawberry flavouring' (zero calories so goodness knows what's in it, but I won't worry about that right now) and it is obvious that strawberries will be featuring in my food plans for a while, especially as we're entering the strawberry season soon and my plants are looking good - see below!
I thought I'd start with breakfast waffles.
SW:  one healthy extra B for 40g oats

L:  mushroom omelette with a watercress salad, easy peeler
Quick and simple.
SW:  free

D:  chicken and chips, strawberry 'icecream'*.
No, nothing as exotic as KFC or the like, but I might have a go at a sort of hunter's chicken with SW chips and a salad on the side.  I have chicken in the freezer and potatoes in the fridge
Then I thought I would try this.  Open freeze some of the strawberries.  When they are rock hard, zizz them with some natural yogurt, sweetener and some of the flavouring.  It will turn into a sort of simple yogurt icecream as the berries start to freeze the yogurt.  I've done it with cherries before now and it works a treat.
SW:  If I do hunter's chicken, I will spend my healthy extra As on a nice mass of cheese on top and I will need to syn some bbq sauce.  I have a feeling I made some nearly syn free bbq sauce ages ago and there's some in the freezer but whether I can find it or not is anyone's guess!  If I can't, I will make a tomato based sauce instead.

Ss:  loadsa water and, maybe, an apple


*I know the SW rule about synning fruit if you blend it but in this case it is a measured amount, I won't be overdoing the fruit and if I were to have whole strawberries and yogurt it would all be free so I'm ignoring that rule.  Personally, I think it's a bit silly but am happy to be proved wrong!

A very healthy looking strawberry plant, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Joy, I'm so pleased for you, I was sending positive thoughts yesterday so they must have worked! Have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely they did work! ;-) Thanks, Sooze.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo, well done. I'm a bit all over the place at the moment, 6 1/2 lbs to get to target and I enjoy too much of the naughty things. It's strange because I love fruit, veg and the SW way but I'm too tempted when I'm out or I know something's lurking. I am inking lots more water, thank you, so that's good. Bad habits as they say. Lunch at a friend 's today, he's Indian and has an Indian lady cook so interesting but probably not SW. I will still enjoy, life's too short not to. Keep up your good work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I think it gets harder the closer you are to target. Somehow, there isn't the same incentive to work at it when you're so close and things fit and you're looking and feeling good anyway.
      I have the same problem when there's naughty stuff around so, generally, I just don't have it around. That's why I have problems at Dad's!
      xx

      Delete