Friday 3 May 2019

Recipe: vanilla toffee waffles with fruit



I can't lay claim to the greater part of this recipe.  The original waffle recipe comes from Siobhan on the wonderful Slimming Eats site.
http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/classic-belgian-waffles

I'm not going to steal someone else's recipe so please click on the link to get the recipe, then read the changes I made to it.

I use a level half tsp of baking powder and find that just right.
I use Mullerlight toffee yogurt (for one syn); 60 mls (1/4 cup or around 60g) in the waffle mix and the rest on the accompanying fruit.
I find that a scant half a tbsp of sweetener (I use Stevia) is more than enough with an already sweet yogurt.
I use a gloop of vanilla bean paste.

To make the waffles:
Ten minutes before I want to cook them, I turn my waffle maker on to high.  This gives it enough time to really heat up properly.
After ten minutes, I mix up the batter.  It's very quick, especially when I zizz the oats beforehand.
I spray each quarter of the waffle maker, top and bottom, with one spray of Fry Light each and brush it round with a pastry brush.
Then I tip the batter into the middle of the waffle maker and roughly spread it out using the back of a spoon.  The amount in this recipe is perfect for one circle of waffles.
I close up the waffle maker, turn it over (because that's what mine does) and leave it to cook for ten minutes.  Then I turn it back, open it up and the waffles are perfectly cooked and come out cleanly and without difficulty.

You can also make them in a mould.  Preheat the oven to 180, spray oil the mould and distribute the batter evenly.  Pop in the oven for 30 mins, then tip them out and finish them off on a baking sheet for five to ten minutes.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I’ll add this to my growing collection of SW friendly waffle recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it. It also makes the house smell fantastic!
      xx

      Delete