Tuesday 28 May 2019

Tuesday, 28-05-19

Good morning, everyone.
I feel like I'm wading through treacle at the moment.  Trying so hard but my home scales aren't showing any loss and even a bit of a gain - and this is over several days using the same scales.  How can that be?  Where's the motivation gone?  Actually, where's the weight loss gone???  Aaaarrrggghhh.

I think I will go SP for three days and see if that makes any difference

Oh, well, here's today's plans.
B:  fruit and vanilla yogurt
SW:  free

L:  turkey and veg soup, apple
I made enough for three portions yesterday so I had one, one for today and one in the freezer.
SW:  free

D:  turkey tomato gratin with a side salad
I got the recipe on the Love Food Hate Waste site and am adapting it only slightly to home make and jazz up the sauce.  I will leave off the cream/creme fraiche and use quark instead and hope it doesn't split too badly although, if it does, it will still taste fine.
Basically, you lay turkey slices in an ovenproof dish, then add sauteed peppers and mushrooms, then pour over the tomato sauce and finally to with a breadcrumb and cheese mix.  It says drizzle with oil but I will give the top a few sprays of frylight.
https://lovefoodhatewaste.com/recipe/turkey-tomato-gratin
SW:  30g parmesan for one healthy extra A and one small slice of wholemeal bread for one B

Ss:  water - only water

Body magic:  an early morning swim

(Apologies for the whinge at the top.  Sometimes it helps!)

8 comments:

  1. Morning Joy - whinge away, it's your blog. And yes it does help to get things off our chests sometimes. It's very frustrating when you reach a plateaux when dieting, doing everything right yet not losing any weight. Sometimes changing things around a bit helps - going lower cals or fat or carbs for a short while to kick start your metabolism, or even actually eating a bit more might also help. You'll get there, Joy, I have every faith in you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Common sense tells me it's 'just' a plateau.
      Hopefully going SP (which is essentially lower carb under the SW label) will help and it's a good point about eating more. I shall have bigger portions (of the right things) and see.
      I'm sure it will break at some point but it is very frustrating.

      And thank you - you're always so encouraging and it helps such a lot. xx

      Delete
  2. I found that as I got nearer the weight I wanted to be on the sw diet, my weight loss really slowed and weeks went by when nothing realyl came off, - however my inches were still coming off so I could still try on smaller size clothes and get a psychological boost that way. Keep going you are doing brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. I will keep going - giving up is not an option.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's fine to get it off your chest. I've been in a silly cycle for weeks and when I said to my husband I was going to give it up it spurred him into action too so fingers crossed for my weigh in tonight. I think our bodies do have plateaus completely out of our control. When I used to play badminton at evening classes the coach would say if something's not working change it so try something different. SP should definitely work. Are you still having your drinks of water? I find having more water seems to help. Good luck, Joy. You 'll get there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lyn, that's good advice. My fingers are crossed.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I do the weighing at our group and see this over and over with those who have been at it for some time. Hang in there. The weight will start to come off again but sometimes we plateau and it seems as if nothing is ever going to work. But it does. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replying late. The voice of experience here and you're so right. Thanks very much. xx

      Delete