Wednesday 8 May 2019

Recipe: strawberry and vanilla baked oats



Absolutely delicious and dead easy.  The recipe is here.  Scroll down past all the bumph and the ads for a printable version.

I made it more or less as it says except for the milk (didn't use it), more vanilla bean paste than the recipe indicates and several sliced strawberries (as you can see in the picture).

I sprayed the dish before pouring in the batter and it came out easily with no sticking.

I am aware that SW says if strawberries (and other fruit) are cooked they need to be synned.  I'm not sure why as it's a measured amount, part of a filling dish and the calories (which is really the bottom line) aren't going to change so I don't bother.  If you're following SW, you need to be aware of this 'rule' though.


2 comments:

  1. I like baked oats when used a pudding. I've even served it up to family and they have enjoyed it too. I'm eating overnight grape nuts for breakfast a lot at the moment. Using Muller Kremas mango and passionfruit low fat Greek yogurt and defrosted frozen strawberries it tastes like cheesecake! I'm going to experiment with it as an actual cheesecake once I'm up and about in the kitchen again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are delicious, I think. As you say, a sort of 'pudding-y' texture that makes you feel you're having something quite naughty when, in fact, it's jolly healthy!
      I've never had grape nuts - a type of cereal, I guess.
      xx

      Delete