Sunday 5 May 2019

Sunday, 05-05-19

Good morning!

I did it - yesterday was halo shiningly good all day.  Now to do the same today.  And tomorrow.  And Tuesday.  And . . .

Today's plans:
B:  porridge, fruit and yogurt
I think I've got a cold - very sore throat and an aching neck and back.  Comfort food is definitely on the cards!
SW:  Half a healthy extra A for milk and one B for the oats and not too expensive either!

L:  cold meat and salad, Mullerlight
This went down really well yesterday and there's some cold meat and plenty of salad veg left over for today.
SW:  One syn for some light mayo and one for the yogurt

D:  haggis, swede and new potatoes
Dad's been hinting at having haggis for ages (he's had one in the freezer for a few years) but didn't push it because Mum wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.  So today his patience is rewarded.  The haggis is out, thawed and in the fridge ready for a simple boiling this evening.  I'll do the rest of the Jersey Royals (they are so very delicious) and I'll mash some dairylea into the swede rather than butter.
Nine syns for the haggis - ouch!  One syn for gravy.  The rest of my healthy extra As for the dairylea (80g is one syn)

Today is a bit more syn-ful than usual but withing the plan so I'm not fretting.

Ss:  more water!  Ibuprofen if needed!!



Today is syn-heavier than usual but stil;l within the plan so I'm not fretting.

5 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, oh well done you! Sorry you're not feeling well, hope the cold doesn't linger and doesn't interfere with any plans you might have. I wouldn't touch haggis with a barge pole for years and years either - not because I didn't like it, I hadn't actually tried it, it was just the thought of it that put me off. But then I did eventually try it...and liked it! It's just spicy mince really, after all. I hope you have a nice restful day, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what it is, yes. It's OK - not a fevourite but I can eat it and Dad really likes it.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Haha! Only just sussed that you're Diary of a (Retired) Teacher!! How thick am I?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It took me a little while when I started reading, Julia!

      Delete
    2. LOL - yes, that's me.
      xx

      Delete