Friday 7 February 2020

Friday, 07-02-20

Good morning.

Yesterday's food went really well.  As expected, Val had produced a delicious lunch that worked with the food plan and I really enjoyed working my way through a ham salad while we shared a wholemeal roll between us.  I even got my walk!



Today is going to be odd and perhaps rather difficult.  Over lunch time I will be at the dentist having two teeth out.
The history is that I had a bridge at the front as I knocked one of my canines out as a child.  The bridge remained fine but the teeth either side, which had been ground down for the bridge to attach to, broke before Christmas so I am having implants instead and today it's the first step - getting rid of the stumps.
At best, I will just eat carefully over the weekend.  At worst, I probably won't fancy much at all.

So, today's plans
B:  a good cooked breakfast to tide me over - bacon, sausage, egg, potato waffle, mushrooms and tomatoes plus the mini yogurt and I will enjoy it very much!
SW:  two syns for the waffle and two syns for the yogurt drink

L:  nothing

D:  not sure.  I might cook some salmon as that's pretty soft and I might have some blended soup.  I have both in the freezer.  Or I could make risotto.  Lots of options, in fact!  I will probably have yogurt as there's no chewing involved.
SW:  most likely free

S:  none

Body Magic:  I will have a walk in the morning - it will take my mind off things apart from anything else

Back to normal soon!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy. First wish you well with your appointment later. My first ever job after school I trained as a dental nurse and did that for a few years with a brief return when children were little so a virtual comforting hand hold is coming your way if you need it. Second back to SW, which yogurt drink do you have? For a few weeks I've been having one daily in a bid to lower cholesterol, not very high but in that 5 -6 area they nag you about. Tracks is 2 1/2 syns, Morrison's is 3 1/2. Which do you have that's 2? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yogurt drinks I get are from Aldi. I've just checked and they are definitely two syns.
      Tescos are 2.5 and Sainsburys are 1.5 (for the original) or 2
      Morrisons are higher.
      You had me worried for a minute or two!
      Fingers crossed it works for us both
      And thank you. A bit of virtual comfort is just the ticket!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Great, thanks for the syn values. And re suitable food post dentist, have you tried the SW cauliflower cheese soup? It's in the new 2020 booklet we were given end of December. It's yummy, I've cut the quantities, made it with less stock and blitzed it really well with a stick blender until very smooth and creamy looking then used as a cheese sauce. No one would know it was SW. Out to body magic with the dog now x

    ReplyDelete