Thursday 13 February 2020

Thursday, 13-02-20

Good morning.

Doesn't food look tastier in the sunshine?  This was as delicious as it looked too - cheesy bacon and mushroom omelette witha very simple salad on the side.












Dinner was great too.  It was really a basic tomato-ey spicy mix with pork, but you could use chicken, pulses, lean beef, ham - they'd all work.
I cooked the sweet potato fries for too long so the actifry paddle mangled them a bit but they tasted good anyway.
The cheese was a mix of cheddar and gruyere because I had little ends of both to use up.  It shows how habits have changed.  In the past, all little bits would have gone straight in my mouth rather than in a recipe.




Body magic was a bit of a killer (in a nice way).
I walked down to a friends, walked back up, went the other way and round Morrisons before walking back with a heavy bag.  Combined with personal training, that made two hours of it.

I slept well!!
Today's plans:
B:  beans on toast; mini yogurt drink
Perfect for a rainy winter morning - apart from having to do the freezer dash in the rain!
SW:  one heB for toast and two syns

L:  potato based quiche and salad.
This was the other entry on Tuesday and I liked it very much indeed so am giving it a go.  Basically you grate some potato, season it and press it into a quiche dish to bake for a while before adding the usual quiche type things - egg, cheese and some veg and cooking for longer.  Eggs are such great value!
SW:  the cheese will be one heA (or more) and one syn for any mayo

D:  I was going to make something from the magazine but time is very tight today so I will get something out of the freezer.  I have an Aldi ready meal, chicken saag, to try and I have a little bit of 'posh' rice to use up as well so that will work fine.
SW:  I gather the ready meal is SW free although that's approximate as SW refuse to release official syn values for the Aldi Slimwise ready meals and the rice will be one syn max.

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  a walk and lots of bits and bobs at odd times during the day.  Lindsey gives her 'clients' lots of little exercises you can do while waiting for the pot to boil, doinging the ironing, have a minute spare, etc, that just keep one active.  I prefer these to a longer slot of gym type stuff and, added up, they amount to a pretty decent time too.

Summary:

  • one (or a bit more) heA and one heB
  • four syns
  • the ready meal is half the price of the SW ones so I call that being frugal.  I don't do ready meals much, as you know, but sometimes they are a godsend and the rest is all very economical.
  • the eating window will be between ten and six today - 8:16

No comments:

Post a Comment