Sunday 23 February 2020

Sunday, 23-02-20

Good morning!
Yesterday's food wasn't anything lavish or special but it was jolly nice all the same.
Breakfast was ham and beans (small plate so not as much as it perhaps looks).


Lunch was mixed bean chilli.


Dinner was salmon, broccoli and cheesy not-chips (not chip shaped, anyway)



Today's planning:

B:  bacon and sausage muffin; mini yogurt drink
I was originally going to have either two bacon medallions or two skinny sausages in the muffin but have compromised with one of each instead!  I might have some sliced tomato in the muffin as well; I was going to add egg but three eggs is a bit much (see lunch).
SW:  one heB for the wholewheat muffin, two syns for the yogurt and half a syn for one sausage

L:  omelette and baked beans, fruit
I have baked beans to finish off and didn't want more bready stuff so will go for an omelette instead.  I will use two eggs, 30g finely grated cheddar and the chives in the garden can now be picked so I'll include a bit.  Also some pepper and  mini pinch of salt (the cheese contains salt).  I can be done on the hobbut I prefer to use the little omelette maker I got from Aldi.
SW:  I can definitely 'afford' some cheese in the omelette for one heA

D:  chicken curry, chick pea dahl; yogurt
The curry is from the freezer* and the dahl is a packet
SW:  this should all be SW free

S:  hopefully, none, as it seems to be quite a filling menu!

BM:  a Leslie Sansone walk, balance exercises, maybe a real walk as well although the weather forecast isn't encouraging

Summary:
one heA and one heB
two and a half syns - quite low today
a moderately economical day today - but I'm using up things from the freezer which always makes me feel good
the eating window is between eleven and seven, 8:16, which seems to have settled pretty much into a normal pattern for me now


*  I braved the cold, risked frostbite and had a look at what I have recently frozen.  People say SW is expensive and yes, it can be, but doesn't have to be and I find that their recipe portions are very large.  Fair enough, they have to work for everyone, after all, but just because you CAN eat a lot, it doesn't mean you MUST eat a lot. I'm now finding that I can more happily say 'I've had enough' and freeze the rest for another time, make up a recipe for two (halved from four) and freeze one portion or even make three portions out of it and freeze two.  It all helps with the cash!
Maybe I need to rootle deeper into the chilly depths as I know there are more things out of sight and out of mind.  That's the biggest problem with a chest freezer.

So, for the record, this is the recently frozen stuff to use up.  Can you tell I love tomatoes?
  • mixed bean chilli
  • chicken saag
  • spicy tomato and chorizo soup
  • spicy tomato and veg sauce
  • chicken curry x 2
  • spicy baked beans x 3
  • mushy pea soup
  • savoury rice
  • tomato soup x 2




6 comments:

  1. I do like home cooked ham, so much flavour compared to watery tasteless prepacked stuff. Your meal photos always make my mouth water. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agre about the ham. It maybe more expensive in the short term but is much better value gram for gram and so, so much nicer.
      I'm glad you like the photos, thanks. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I think SW can be as expensive or inexpensive as you make it. I love salmon and eat quite a lot of it, but I'm very careful in other ways (food-wise). I'm struggling at the moment with regards to staying on plan but I have my daughter's wedding in three months so have to get my act together. I'm going to rely heavily on soups this week. I started writing my blog again (I missed it) and have 'promised' a soup post next week so I've committed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salmon is delicious, isn't it?
      I think that, as with almost every sensible eating plan, it's a matter of research and choice and I guess we are fortunate in that we know how to and, to some degree or other, enjoy cooking from scratch.
      Thanks for letting me know about the blog - I missed it.
      Looking forward to the soup post.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I could eat salmon every day....fillet, smoked, tinned. Thanks for that kind comment.

    ReplyDelete