Sunday 9 February 2020

Sunday, 09-02-20

Good morning.

Breakfast was really lovely.  The syrup looking stuff is one tbsp agave nectar which I have just discovered.  It looks like I need to be careful with how I use it but a little now and again won't hurt and it adds a very natural tasting sweetness.
One tbsp goes a long way and is one and a half syns.










Leftovers and salad for lunch and very tasty it was too.


And then good old steak and chips for dinner.

All in all, a very enjoyable day's eating!
Couldn't have had it without my front teeth!














Today's plans are . . .
B:  mushroom omelette and tomatoes
SW:  free

L:  chunky steak, roasties and veg; fruit
Dinner at lunch time today as Beth is round.  The steak will be half a can of M&S chunky steak in gravy.  It's very nice and very lean, so lean that it is SW free.  Also, I have several cans in the cupboard!
SW:  two syns for some oil for the roasties

D:  Chubby Cubs' dirty rice, salad; yogurt
The rice is from the freezer because when I made it before, it was a huge portion.  As I seem to remember, it was nice, maybe not as nice as my own way of making it but still enjoyable.  I might add some turkey rashers to it for a bit of extra flavour.
SW:  one syn for the dirty rice, one heA for some grated cheese to sprinkle over and one syn for some mayo on the salad.

S:  fruit

BM:  something indoors as the weather is foul.

Summary:
not great on the healthy extras today, just one heA but never mind
four syns
using some leftovers from the freezer and the canned steak will last two days
I am unsure about timings today as dinner has to be at the 'normal' time but will try to make it at last ten to seven.


I've had a good read through the new SW magazine and there are some very likely looking recipes to try, planned in for the coming week.  I'm looking forward to that.



2 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy. Hope you are tucked up safe and warm. The weather is appalling and we have planned a duvet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! Yes, it's getting rougher here and I'm staying inside. I've done the freezer dash so there's no need to venture out again.
      Stay safe.
      xx

      Delete