Tuesday 11 February 2020

Tuesday, 11-02-20

Good morning!
It's SW Group this morning and a taster session.  I've made my meatballs in a spicy sauce and I fear the sauce may be a bit too spicy for some but never mind, I like a bit of ooomph!  I'll reheat it just before setting out and pop it in my big vacuum flask so it will stay hot.  I'm kind of hoping there will be enough left over to make a meal another time.

Yesterday went OK.  I stuck to plan and the salmon, in particular, was tasty with sprouts and tender stem broccoli.  I must get some more sprouts after group - they're really nice at the moment.


Today's plans:
B:  taster at group.  I have no idea what people will bring so can't plan for it, but it's fair to assume none of it will be 'terrible' in terms of syns or healthy extras.
SW:  two syns for my usual yogurt drink

L:  tomato and chorizo soup, apple
Made last week and frozen, it will need thinning out with some milk.
SW  half a heA (the milk) and one syn

D:  chicken couscous escalope, roasted med veg, spicy tomato sauce
All I will do is batter out the chicken until it is pretty flat, egg and couscous crumb it, spay it and bake it in the oven alongside the roasted veg - onion, red pepper, courgette and aubergine mixed with some garlic granules.  The sauce is the sauce I made yesterday for the taster - I knew I would like it so I made double quantities.  They're chilling in the fridge right now so I will use one and freeze the rest.  I can add chicken, mince, beans, whatever to it to make a different dish.
SW:  three syns for half a tbsp oil for roasting the veg (not in the actifry because I will have the oven on anyway).  The couscous is officially a tweak but I don't pay much attention to tweaks really, as you know.

S:  easy peelers

BM:  a walk and Lindsey's 15

Summary:
half a heA at the moment.  I've held back because often healthy extras are used in taster dishes.  I may add a wholemeal roll to have with the soup at lunch time and perhaps some cheese to mix with the couscous
six syns
the chicken is expensive because I buy 'happy chicken' which is more than the usual stuff.  It's a non-compromise and I'm happy to pay the extra although it's not that bad in Aldi really
The actual tasting won't start until after ten so the window will be ten to seven - 9:15

4 comments:

  1. I would be happy to pay extra for the chicken too. We refuse to buy battery hen eggs. I would rather do without

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, eggs too. I'm totally consistent across the board but I don't compromise on chicken or eggs. Doing a l;ittle bit is better than doing nothing at all.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I like sprouts too. Taster session last night - I made vegi cottage pie. Cooked the base and the
    Mashed potato separately, then assembled it in the sliw cooker to take with me. We had a lovely pannacotta-style pud made from diet lemonade, gelatine and quark. It was yummy and I'll definitely be having a go at that. I've been struggling but more positive this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all sounds delicious.
      I'm sorry you've been struggling - sometimes it just gets like that, doesn't it? May the positively grow and stay!
      xx

      Delete