Saturday 8 February 2020

Saturday, 08-02-10

Good morning!
Well, after all my whinging yesterday, I still have what's left of the teeth safely in my jaw.  More about that over on t'other blog - no point boring everyone twice!  :-)

So I had to replan the meals.  For lunch I finished off some sausage meatballs that I'd made as an experiment and they were one and a half syns and then, feeling rather frayed around the edges, nibbled at some cheese but that was no problem as they became my heAs

Later on, I had a ready meal for dinner.  When I was at Aldi I bought a smoky BBQ chicken thing because I fancied trying it and knew it was two and a half syns total, plating it with some wholewheat pasta spirals.  It was OK although I think I could make better, the sauce was a bit thin so I thickened it with some tomato puree which improved it.
Unusually for a ready meal, it was a big portion and I couldn't eat the lot so that's today's lunch sorted out.

I had planned a huge breakfast but when it came to it, I didn't fancy so much so I just had bacon and egg on a toasted waffle.

Normally, I espond to stress by junk eating and all day I really, really wanted some crisps, etc, but I managed to hold off and now I am so pleased about that.  The not eating after seven rule definitely worked. 


That was yesterday.   The weekend needs replanning as it was all soft and mushy things and I'm really glad I stocked up with fruit and veg when I went to Aldi yesterday morning

B:  Oat waffles with fruit and yogurt, mini yogurt
These waffles always feel like a treat and they feel 'right' at the weekend.
SW:  one heB and two syns

L:  what's left of yesterday's dinner plus a nice bowl of salad
SW:  one syn for the leftovers and one for some light mayo on the salad

D:  steak, chips, mushroom and peppercorn sauce and salad; yogurt
Have you noticed - I really do like salad, even through the winter months!
I was going to make an onion and peppercorn sauce but I see there's a bit left of the horseradish dressing I made so I will use that up instead,
The chips will be done the SW way with the actifry
SW:  two syns for one tsp oil for the chips and one for the dressing

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  depending on the weather, the garden needs a bit of work and I have several of LIndsey's 15s I want to do so that will be fine.  I'm just finishing week 5 of the eight weeks for the platinum Body Magic award so three to go!!

Summary:

  • no heAs and one B (see below) - not great so I might nibble some cheese as a snack at some point of grate some over the salads
  • around four syns
  • steak is never cheap but I go more frugal by buying bavette steak, a cheaper cut that is nonetheless packed with flavour and cooks as easily as the more costly cuts.  Morrisons often have them on special and today's steak cost £1.75, a good price for steak in anyone's book.  The rest of the day is based on leftovers and/or inexpensive ingredients.
  • the restricted eating window now feels comfortably embedded in my lifestyle and, as usual, will be between eleven and seven - 8:16.  I have no idea if it's doing what the sites claim it does but it prevents evening nibbles completely most of the time so that makes it a Good Thing!


Explanation of heA and heB
I gather that using the terms heA and heB is rather confusing so here's an explanation.  :-)
Healthy extras (he) are those weighed/measured items that provide certain essential nutrients (says Slimming World).
As relate to calcium and Bs relate to fibre
There's a whole list of choices in both categories in the hand book.
One heA can be milk (e.g. 250 mls semi-skimmed), cheese (according to what cheese it is), non dairy equivalents, etc.
HeBs include wholemeal bread, pitta, wraps, etc on nuts, dried fruit, and so on.

It can be easy to overdo the healthy extras so that's where the kitchen scales become my best friend.  Any extra should be synned.

I reverted to the abbreviated version instead of typing out the whole thing each time because it got boring but if you'd like me to type it out in full from now on, please say in the comments and I will.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Tony and I love salad at any time of the year.. (so much for our trying to eat seasonally. I did a gorgeous chicken stir fry the other day and replaced half the noodles with a spiralized courgette. My spiralizer looks like a giant pencil sharpener and only cost me a couple of pounds a few years ago on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm - that sounds great and I have seen spiralizers like that in the shops. Much less fussy than a machine.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The temptation to nibble in the evening is certainly less when you know you are supposed to be fasting. I've found I can go without that late night snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's a real help, isn'#t it?
      xx

      Delete