Saturday 15 February 2020

Saturday, 15-02-20

Good morning!
Well, I still have me teef!  The denture thingy didn't fit as perfectly as he wanted so he took another impression and I'm going back this morning for the extractions.  Third time lucky (or unlucky) maybe.

I'd got myself all worked up and when I arrived back home, I could feel things building up and those little internal demons (I'm sure you know what I mean) were shouting things like 'crisps, bread, butter, cheese, peanuts, wine . . . '.  Eeeek.

So I replanned my meals.  I will have the soup today and I will have the chicken saag today too although I will have to chuck the rice out for the birds, I think.
I went to Morrisons, bypassed all the usual naughty stuff and instead got a tub of ice cream, salted caramel ice cream.  It said the calories (280) so I knew it would be fourteen syns, just inside the limit, but I also knew I hadn't had the cheese on my beans for breakfast (six syns saved), nor had I had any lunch, so I made a decision and bought it.

And, you know, I really enjoyed it.  A guilt free treat and it did the trick.  Then I had steak and chips for dinner and enjoyed every mouthful.  The steak wasn't frugal, I know, but it was bavette steak so nowhere near as expensive as sirloin or rump.

It was nice, having a guilt free treat and, while it wasn't part of yesterday's planning, it was definitely still within sensible calories.  I've proved to myself that I don't have to go bonkers when things are stressful; I can manage it.  For me, that's a biggie!

Today's plans:
B:  porridge, fruit and yogurt drink
I will have this earlier than usual as the dental appt is at ten and I need to eat before I go.
SW:  one heB, half a heA and two syns

L:  tomato and chorizo soup, yogurt or a banana
SW:  one syn for the soup

D:  chicken saag, probably pasta; might make some home made yogurt ice with frozen fruit
To make the ice, you just blend a pot of flavoured yogurt with some frozen fruit.  The fruit freezes the yogurt so you can either have it quite runny or pop it in the freezer for half an hour to firm up a bit.  SW calls it a tweak and says you have to syn the fruit.  I don't!
I'm planning more of a dessert than usual in case I'm feeling miserable and want to pamper myself a little bit.  If I don't or can't be bothered, I can just have the yogurt poured over the fruit instead!
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

S:  easy peelers, grapes (a spoil me treat for the weekend)

BM:  I managed to fit in a short walk yesterday but today, if possible, it will be indoors exercise.  Lindsey has sent me some balance exercises to do as my balance isn't great.

Summary:
a bit low on healthy extras, just half an A and one B
three and a half syns - well, that should pay back yesterday's little indulgence (not that SW does that but - you know . . .)
leftovers, frugal ingredients, home made freezer meals - nice and economical!
the window will be bigger today, between nine and seven - 10:14 
Back to normal tomorrow, fingers crossed.


2 comments:

  1. Mornin Joy'. I bet you enjoyed every mouthful of that icecream. Your naughty list sounded exactly like mine would. Salty, savoury and full of fat but oh so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, Cherie. I scoffed the lot. Things taste better when they are 'guilt-free', I think.
      I was really chuffed to be able to just walk past all the other stuff.
      xx

      Delete