Friday 14 February 2020

Friday, 14-02-20

Morning!
Yesterday's eating went really well and my strategy of having my lunch just before I went to the afternoon tea do worked a treat.  There were some beautiful home made cakes on the table but I didn't even want a piece.  I had been dreading savouries as I find them much harder to resist but it was just cakes, to my great relief.
It was with great satoisfaction that I coloured in the 'stayed on plan' bit of my colour chart for yesterday.  As it builds up, it really is an encouraging thing and, childish as it may be, I'm glad I started it.

The potato based quiche that I had for lunch was really tasty.  What you do is grate some potato, run it under the tap, dry it thoroughly and then season with salt and pepper before spraying a quiche dish with frylight, pressing the grated potato into the bottom of the dish, spraying again and popping in the oven for around 20 mins.
The top is just beaten egg and grated cheese and I added onion and garlic granules and some finely chopped mushrooms (but you could add anything quiche-y really) and putting it back in the oven for twenty minutes or so.  I thoroughly enjoyed demolishing the two mini quiches that I made!


Today is perhaps a bit problemmatic as it is teeth out day.  I'm planning meals but it might not work out that way.

B:  cheesy beans on toast, mini yogurt drink
This is the same as yesterday and it's the other half of the can of beans I opened.
SW:  one, heA for the cheese, one heB for the toast and two syns for the yogurt drink

L:  tomato and chorizo soup, yogurt
I'll have this after the dentist so I may or I may not, it depends.  I'll get a portion out of the freezer anyway and if I don't have it today it will still be good for tomorrow
SW:  one syn for the soup and half a syn for the yogurt

D:  chicken saag and rice; maybe fruit
Another leftover from yesterday.  These SlimWell meals (Aldi) are, like the SW ones, a very good portion, enough for two helpings for me.  The only issue I have is that the sauces seem to be a bit thin but a good dollop of tomato puree sorts that out for added flavour.  It's not a 'biting' meal so I should be able to eat it (carefully), fingers crossed.  I'll have posh rice again with it.
SW:  one syn for the rice - although I might make it pasta instead, thinking about it.  Fusion food used to be very fashionable, didn't it?

S:  I'm not planning any!

Body Magic:  none planned but I'm well up on exercise for the week so no problems.

Summary:
one heA and one heB
three and a half syns
it's all leftovers or pre-mades from the freezer so nice and economical today
The eating window will be sort of between ten thirty and seven so 8.5:15.5



2 comments:

  1. I hope the visit to the dentist went off all right. Could be a while until you are eating normally but I bet you'll lose a couple of pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't - see Saturday's post! Ho hum!
      xx

      Delete