Tuesday 25 February 2020

Tuesday, 25-02-20

Good morning.

The jambabaya I had yesterday was really very nice indeed, very tasty.  You could quite happily add other vegetables to it and next time, I will.  The only thing was that I would add the chopped spring onions earlier so they softened.  I suppose the idea was to add a different texture but, if so, it didn't go properly and next time I won't do it again.  Maybe some fresh parsley would be nice (or coriander, if you like it - I don't) or just don't garnish it at all.
Anyway, it was good! 


Get the magazine - it's a March/April edition so will be in the shops for some time to come and there's some good recipes in it.

Today's plans:
B:  what else but pancakes with fruit and yogurt and a drizzle of agarve nectar.
I'll make the pancakes with Quaker-style oats, egg and milk but I will also add my mini yogurt to the mix so it won't be all that much milk.  The recipe makes enough for three with three eggs so it'll be easy to cut it down to one.
SW:  Almost one heB (oats), some milk which won't be anywhere enough for even half a heA so probably half to one syn and two syns for the mini drink (which, for newer readers, I have as part of my battle to fight the high cholesterol!)

L:  small jacket potato with cheese and mayo, salad; apple
Originally I was going to use up a mixed bean chilli from the freezer but I reckon after pancakes, I won't be that hungry so, as I have some pretty small potatoes, I will bake one instead.
SW:  one heA for the grated cheese and two syns for some super light mayo.

D:  chicken tikka pasta bake; yogurt
Fusion food at its best (I hope).  This is from the SW magazine, p 52, and I'll let you know.  I might add cheese to the top as I find it hard to get my head around pasta bake without cheese!
SW:  if I have cheese, that's my other heA

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  a walk, balance exercises, maybe some salsacise too

Summary:

  • one or two heAs and one heB
  • five syns max
  • a pretty frugal day, the most expensive bit being the chicken and I get that from Aldi as their happy chicken is much better value than Morrisons happy chicken
  • the usual - or what has become the usual - 8:16 eating window

What are your healthy and/or SW plans for today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm avoiding pancakes. I love them with lemon and sugar but after a 2lb gain last night, I've given myself a strict talking to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are SW friendly pancakes - I'd not go for the normal ones with sugar and lemon, love them as I do!
      Sorry about the weigh in and good luck for next week.
      xx

      Delete