Thursday 27 February 2020

Thursday, 27-02-20

Good morning!
Yesterday turned out really well.  The oat pancakes were tasty, second day spicy food is always better than first day and I also enjoyed the savoury rice.  All very satisfactory - but no photos, sorry.

Today's plans:
B:  pancakes with fruit and yogurt
I know I had pancakes yesterday but I wanted to try something.
When I first started SW, I had a chat to my consultant about wholemeal/wholewheat flour as I made my own bread and we decided that 35-40g wholewheat flour would be the equivalent of a healthy extra B.  Yes, a bit of a fiddle in that flour is not considered a healthy extra but it's all about the fibre and if 60g of wholemeal bread is a heB, then I reckon so should 35/40g of just the flour, bread being more or less 2/3 flour and the rest other ingredients, mostly water.  I've just  checked the calories and  35g seems just about right.  It's not Slimming World, strictly speaking, but it should be a workable equivalent - for me, anyway.
This is a very long way round to say I shall try making some pancakes with wholewheat flour and see how it goes.  35g flour, one egg and one mini yogurt drink (may as well, seeing as I have it anyway!) plus some vanilla and some sweetener.  If that works (a big if, I know), I might have a go at a neutral or even savoury batter.
SW:  one heB for the flour, two syns for the mini yogurt drink and one and a half syns for agave nectar.  Also, I've realised that I'm out of natural yogurt for the topping so I will have a Mullerlight for half a syn

L:  chicken saag, fruit
From the freezer, this is the leftovers from an Aldi ready meal so I've now crossed it off the list.
SW:  free

D:  sausage, chips and veg
I think it's time I had a more 'conventional' meal and, as Beth is dining with me, she can have a veggie burger while I have two skinny sausages and we can both have chips and veg, of which I have plenty!
SW:  one syn for the sausages and one for oil for the chips (I'm sharing them with Beth)

S:  easy peelers

BM:  I'm feeling quite weary after a very intensive training session yesterday so will stick to the stretching and balance exercises.  I might also take a walk to Morrisons for some bits and bobs, including a yogurt top up!

Summary:
one heB - ooops
six syns
nothing too expensive today - fingers crossed the pancake idea works, lunch is leftovers and dinner won't be too bad either
an eating window of 8:16

No comments:

Post a Comment