Wednesday 5 February 2020

Wednesday, 05-02-20

Morning.

Well, I got that wrong yesterday.  Not only did I not gain, I actually lost some weight.  It was certainly a shock but a very welcome one.  Must have been doing something right the rest of the time apart from Friday (a bit) and Saturday (a lot).

The lamb shank yesterday was delicious, really lovely.  It was a treat and, given that Dad and I had a lamb leg steak on Sunday, I've been spoilt, haven't I?  Lamb is a favourite meat but very costly so I rarely have it.


Today's food:
B:  apple. orange, mini yogurt drink
Sweet and simple.
SW:  free

L:  tomato and chorizo soup; apple
A friend posted this on Facebook and it is lovely.  It's cold today so should really hit the spot as far as feel-good warming food is concerned. 
I asked about sharing it with you but she'd rather not at the moment so I won't.  It made four portions which I will have either with soup, diluted with some milk (it comes out very thick) or as a sauce for pasta ewith added chunky veg and maybe some shreds of meat or some pulses.
SW:  one syn for the chorizo - a little goes a long way - and half a heA for up to 120 mls of milk (I'm not sure how much I'll need yet)

D:  sausage, bacon and cheeseburger, sweet potato fries, side salad
This should hit the fast food spot, I think.  I'm looking forward to it.
SW:  one syn for two Aldi skinny sausages, the cheese slice is a heA, the roll is a heB, the sweet potato fries (100g) are two and a half syns

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  a killer today.  Several hours down the allotment having a major clear out and then an hour of personal training with Lindsey.  I will sleep well, that's for sure!

Summary:
two heAs and one heB
six and a half syns
reasonable frugal and all home made (apart from the fries)
the eating window will be between eleven and seven so 8:16, as usual.  I find this very manageable indeed


4 comments:

  1. I am going to Aldi tonight so will have a look out for the skinny sausages. Thankfully I am starting to notice that my body shape is changing for the better. It's a really good motivator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is. WHen we're wporking hard at something, it's tricky if we can't see any changes. I hate the dreaded plateau!
      I hope you like the sausages as much as I do.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh well done on the weight loss Joy, I'm really pleased for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It was such a surprise but I took it with gratitude and relief that I hadn't done more damage over the weekend. I'm home this coming weekend so things should be absolutely fine. Fingers crossed for next Tuesday now.
      xx

      Delete