Wednesday 19 February 2020

Wednesday, 19-02-20

Good morning!
I had a very nice time helping out at Group yesterday morning.  It wasn't as busy as usual, maybe because it was half term and, being a day time group, the children would be at home when usually they are at school.  We had a few youngsters but not as many as expected.  I stayed for the whole meeting as Jennifer invited me to and I always find something helpful in the second half (I sound like an advert, don't I?).

I am definitely making that Tom Kerridge plum sauce again.  It was delicious.  I used a couple of chicken thighs and a real variety of veg (onion, red pepper, mushroom, broccoli, courgette, carrot and bean sprouts), all carefully shredded, sliced or spiralised in the best stir-fry way and stir fried in half a tbsp oil which was quite enough.  I had some wholemeal noodles so used them and, of course, the plum sauce and it was absolutely delicious; it also turned the whole dish a lovely purple colour due to the plums!   And the lot was pretty much SW free.
(I found a bag of beansprouts for 50p in M&S which seems very good value.  I'll pop the rest in the freezer for another time)

As things heal, it is so nice to be eating things with a bit more texture again!


Today's plans:
B:  ham, egg, tomatoes; mini yogurt drink
I have this very lean ham to use up plus quite a lot of tomatoes so this seems an ideal breakfast.  The egg is just because I love ham and eggs!
SW:  two syns for the yogurt

L:  mixed bean chilli; fruit 
This is from the latest SW magazine, page 59.  It's really just one of those chuck it all in together ideas involving tomatoes (I have passata and fresh tomatoes to use up so that works well), cajun spice, mixed beans (the recipe says a can but I have some frozen) plus red pepper and spinach.  I think I have a bit of spinach but if I don't, it won't hurt to just leave it out.  I'll probably add extra veg - onion or leek, mushrooms, maybe, and some of those beansprouts too.  Anyway, it will end up as a jolly tasty spicy mixture that should fill me up until dinner.
SW:  free unless I use some olive oil which I probably will.  My skin has been a lot better since I started using a measured amount of real oil now and again.  In that case, it will be three syns

D:  potato crusted cheese and asparagus quiche, side salad or veg; yogurt
Like I made the other day but with a different filling.  There was a pack of asparagus in the raffle last week and it really needs using up.
SW:  one and a half heAs and half a syn for the yogurt

S:  easy peelers

BM:  some balance work and, probably, a youtube walk with Ms Sansone

Summary:
one and a half heAs; no Bs but with all that veg and beans, I hardly think fibre will be an issue today!
five and a half syns
is all sounds quite lavishbut won't be costly really, especially as some of the veg was raffle-free
an 8:16 day - start after eleven and finish by seven

And I will try to take some photos today!  I keep forgetting.

2 comments:

  1. I am a total pillock. I didn't realise that I could freeze beansprouts. Threw half a bag out the other day and I detest food waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fine if you add them to a stir fry but not for eating raw as they go soggy.
      xx

      Delete