Monday 24 February 2020

Monday, 24-02-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's food was OK but there's only one photo to show because neither the lunch or dinner photos looked anything but a right mess!
Breakfast was tasty and would have been tastier for a good dollop of brown sauce.  I couldn't be bothered to go back into the kitchen for some though - how's that for lazy!

Omelette and beans is always tasty and lunches once contained chopped bacon and red pepper which worked well.



Today's meal plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt, mini yogurt drink
Nothing too heavy this morning but I find it quite filling, all the same
SW:  two syns for the yogurt drink

L:  a chicken thigh and some spicy baked beans; fruit
Both from the freezer, the beans (home made) being on the use up list so I can cross that off.  I'll jazz up the chicken in some way, either with citrus or spice, batter it out and spray fry it quickly.
SW:  free

D:  jambalaya (from the SW magazine, p42); yogurt
I am absolutely sure this is in no way authentic American Deep South but it looks tasty enough so I'll give it a whirl.  It's an all in one with chicken, prawns (frozen ones, not the raw peeled king prawns the recipe asks for), a sausage and assorted veg while the spices are paprika and cayenne.  However, one of the many JD spice mixes I ordered is a jambalaya spice so I'm going to use a quarter of that instead for a more complex seasoning.  It also asks for long grain rice but I will use some 'posh' rice from a pouch as I'm trying to stay off the simple white carbs as much as I can.
Basically, it is a savoury rice with a specific spice seasoning.
SW:  half a syn for the sausage (Aldi, skinny) and I might also use a bit of real oil for three syns

S:  fruit, if any

Body Magic:  a walk, weather permitting.  If not it will be indoor exercise.
I ought to say that what I record here is the blocked and planned stuff but actually I do a fair bit more at odd spare moments through the day.  For instance, I have some quick balance things that Lindsey showed me and I often do them while I'm in the kitchen, maybe waiting for a pot to come up to heat, etc, and I often skip or jump from room to room rather than walk (when there's no-one there to see!).  There's lots of ways to keep more active that don't actually take up any extra time.

Summary:

  • looking through, there's no healthy extras, ooops - I might have some grated cheese on the spicy beans at lunchtime
  • five and a half syns
  • I have chicken thighs frozen in twos but only want to use one for lunch so the other one will go into the dinner recipe - a little less than required but that's OK.  As for the rest of the spice mix, if the recipe is OK, I will take it to Dad's at the weekend and make it again, with the third portion going in his freezer for another day
  • it's the usual eating window - 8:16


2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, the jambalaya sounds lovely, just my sort of thing. I read somewhere we could all easily fit in small amounts of exercise without it impacting on our available time at all - eg, doing star jumps or marching up and down on the spot whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I do, Sooze, and it works a treat. However, I'm on my last week of the Platinum body magic thing so need to have something organised five days a week. AFter this week, I will carry on with the 'all the time' stuff and not specifically plan as much of the blocked stuff. I won't stop BM though.

      I'm hoping the jambalaya is tasty. The recipe looks good.
      xx

      Delete