Thursday 6 February 2020

Thursday, 06-02-20

Good morning.
I got the new SW magazine on Tuesday at club - apart from anything else, it's £1 cheaper bought that way - and there are some really good looking recipes in it this month.  Next week, I will start giving some of them a go.

I didn't take any photos but the soup in particular was absolutely gorgeous, thanks for the recipe, Turi.  The chorizo makes such a difference to what is basically a SW Heinz lookalike tomato soup.  After a long bout of exercise, it filled the gaps wonderfully well.

I'm in the middle of five weeks towards the eight weeks of Body Magic (exercise) I need to get my platinum BM award.  I'll have it by the end of February!



Today's meal plans:
B:  porridge, fruit and mini yogurt drink
A friend suggested I add the yogurt drink to the porridge (or overnight oats, etc) instead of using milk so I thought I'd give it a go.
SW:  one heB and two syns

L:  out
I'm going round to my friend, Val's for lunch.  She knows I do SW so it won't be terribly naughty!

D:  one pot cheeseburger pasta; salad; yogurt
This is from the freezer as the recipe made way too much last week (or the week before, I forget now)
SW:  one syn for the pasta dish, one heAs-worth of grated cheese on top and maybe one syns-worth of mayo on the salad

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  It depends on whether Val and I go out or stay in.  If we go out, we'll be walking around for a while.  However, after yesterday's two and a half hours at the allotment plus an hour of personal training, I won't worry about whether I can do anything specific today.

Summary:
it's hard to say as lunch is an unknown quantity at the moment but as it stands . . .
one heA and one heB
four syns
sensibly frugal and using up leftovers
I will need to have breakfast at ten because of then driving to Val's but dinner will also have to be early because of pottery this evening so it should still be a 8:16 window


2 comments:

  1. Hello Joy, I made the sausage and spinach Mac and cheese from the magazine tonight, it was very nice. Made an aubergine and red pepper biryani from the SW calendar from the December magazine last night both very nice. I do find the amount of pasta or rice in their recipes is too much for me though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It's the same with Pinch of Nom and other slimming world based places, too much pasta, especially as I have wholewheat and that's more filling anyway.
      Thanks for the tip about the recipes.
      xx

      Delete