Monday 17 February 2020

Monday, 17-02-20

Good morning.
Yesterday's food went better than expected.  Chewing is difficult, as is negotiating food in a denture filled mouth so the whole process is very slow, no chance of bolting anything, and I get that 'satisfied' feeling before I've finished.  Another helpful strategy!



Today's mushy and soft menu plans are:

B:  scrambled eggs and baked beans, mini yogurt drink
Beth came round yesterday and had beans on toast so there's a portion of beans left over for today.  I might poach or 'fry' the eggs instead, depending on how I feel when I get to breakfast
SW:  two syns for the yogurt drink.

L:  ham and mushy pea soup; yogurt
A bit of a cheat, this one, in a way.  I had the ham stock from boiling up the gammon ham yesterday.  I added a little bit of onion, carrot and celery amd then a can of mushy peas which was part of the Slimmer of the Week hamper a couple of weeks ago.  I boiled it all up with a bit of seasoning: salt - be careful with salt when using ham stock - pepper and a bay leaf which I removed before blending.
When the vegetables were cooked, I blended it all smooth and then added some finely shredded ham for a bit of extra taste.  It's been in the fridge so should have developed some extra flavour
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and half a heA for milk I will use to dilute the soup which has cooled to very thick indeed!  Nice

D:  smoked cod with cheesy parsnips and sprouts; banana ice cream
I will bake the smoked cod wrapped in foil.  I will boil the parsnips before mashing with 30g cheddar and a bit of cajun spice and slightly overcook the sprouts.
The banana ice cream will be just some frozen chopped banana that I have in the freezer, whizzed to smooth and I might add some agave nectar for taste
SW:  one and a half heAs  and one and a half syns for 1 tbsp agave nectar

S:  maybe a yogurt or something, if I have to and I have a small amount of the smoked salmon dip left over from yesterday that I don't really want to freeze

BM:  a nice walk, I hope, as the weather is supposed to really pick up today.

Summary:

  • two heAs
  • four syns
  • apart from the cod, really frugal and I like using the ham stock.  No waste!
  • the eating window will be eleven to seven as usual; 8:16


4 comments:

  1. Glad you are finding foods that are not too difficult to eat. You are doing much better than me with the time restricted eating. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really suits me, I have found. I honestly thought it would be a bit of a struggle but it isn't, not at all. I'm very happy with it.
      It helps a lot that it's only me here so I don't have to consider anyone else.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  2. I know that you are giving us examples of soft foods but I just want to say they all sound delicious to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I do try to keep things tasty!
      xx

      Delete