Sunday 16 February 2020

Sunday, 16-02-20

Good morning.
Well, the teeth are out and I am under strict instructions not to eat anything chewy, crunchy or hard for several days.  I changed yesterday's evening plan to salmon, just salmon, and it was OK.

Are you watching Tom Kerridge's Lose Weight and Get Fit? Last week there was a delicious looking recipe for Chinese style chicken pancakes and I thought the plum sauce looked pretty amazing so had a go yesterday and yes, it is good although I would say be careful with any added
salt. Soy sauce is already pretty salty.
Here's the link to the recipe.

Chinese-style chicken pancakes
Image borrowed from BBC Good Food










I have plans to use some with shredded chicken and the obligatory shredded spring onions and cucumber on lettuce leaves rather than Chinese pancakes.
It makes quite a lot so, not being all that sure how long it lasts, I will freeze the rest in small pots.
As far as SW values are concerned, there's no way I am synning the plums and the only ingredient that carries any syns is the teaspoon of soft brown sugar, one syn the lot so negligible for a single portion.


Today's meals have to be very soft, says Dr Clough the dentist:
B:  porridge with mashed fruit (blueberries and strawberries) and yogurt drink
SW:  half a heA, one heB and two syns

L:  smoked salmon pate, lettuce leaves (hopefully); banana
I made the 'pate' with smoked samon, cottage cheese and some super light philly plus lemon juice, black pepper and some dill.  It's very soft, almost a dip really and will be nice spooned onto lettuce.
SW:  I'm calling the philly a healthy extra A although officially it isn't really.

D: pasta with shredded ham in a spicy tomato sauce; yogurt and frozen fruit 'ice cream'
The sauce is in the freezer and the pasta will be cooked to death.  I had a small-ish gammon ham that needed either cooking or freezing so it's boiling on the hob right now and, being proper gammon, not pre-formed or anything like that, it will shred really well so should be OK.  It's unsmoked so the stock should be great for ham and lentil or ham and pea soup (or both!).
I didn't have the yogurt ice yesterday so I will make it for this evening instead, if I fancy it.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and no way am I synning the fruit, just because it's blended

S:  I'm not feeling snacky right now so I'm making the most of it.

BM:  I might go for a walk, if the weather permits.

Summary
two heAs and one B
around three syns
I honestly can't call this a frugal day, can I, but it's not shockingly expensive either
back to the restricted eating today; hopefully eleven to seven so 8:16


No comments:

Post a Comment