Friday 3 April 2020

Friday, 03-03-20

Good morning

Inside these pancakes was a lovely mix of natural yogurt, raspberries, blueberries and chopped strawberries.  Lovely!



I am definitely going to make more of this sweet potato and celeriac gratin.  It's absolutely gorgeous with coleslaw!
Next time, I might add some pulses of some kind for a bit of extra protein.


A very tasty dinner indeed.  Nothing difficult.  I did the chips in the actifry with a tsp oil and a good shaking of Cajun spice.  I put the runner beans in water in the bottom of my on-the-hob steamer, wrapped the salmon in foil and put that in one of the tiers, boiled the runners and salmon for five minutes and then added frozen peas to the tier and gave it all another five minutes.
Today's menu plans:
B:  bacon and egg roll, tomatoes, mini yogurt
Just because . . . it's Friday!
SW:  one heB, two syns

L:  sort of lasagne, coleslaw
Just my savoury mince, layered with grated cheese and lasagne sheet, baked.
Actually, depending on how the mince stretches, I might make enough for two and freeze one portion.  It seems sensible and I can add some cooked mixed veg to the mince to bulk it out (it's already got added lentils).  If I do that, I will make a cheese sauce for the top, consisting of an egg, beaten up with yogurt and grated cheese with seasonings instead of just using grated cheese on its own.  Also, I will have more cheese to play with too.
SW:  Assuming half the amount I make, it comes to half a syn for the mince, up to two heAs for the cheese (and the same for the other portion) and one syn for some mayo in the coleslaw.

D:  bavette steak, peppercorn sauce, chips, veg (maybe broccoli as it needs using); fruit and/or yogurt
I fancy a treat!  The peppercorn sauce is the Pinch of Nom recipe.  I made some a while ago, froze some in little pots and promptly forgot about it until I sorted the freezers last week.
SW:  two syns for some oil for the chips and one syn for some mayo for dunking.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  I've got into a routine with this - PE with Joe and Lindsey's exercises

Summary:
up to two heAs and one heB
six syns
lots of things from the freezer - bacon, bread roll, cheese, mince, steak, sauce . . .


5 comments:

  1. Bless you, I wish you could too. Much love.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, I now have a taste for pancakes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken breasts on sale yesterday so I had one last night in a cheesy sauce with some veg. Very filling and lots left over for today. The rest in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, that's lovely, really delicious. I find chicken does go a very long way too - great in these times.
      xx

      Delete