Wednesday 8 April 2020

Wednesday, 08-04-20

Good morning.

I'm posting three photos of breakfast to show how brilliant my cheap and cheerful omelette maker works.
If you look, you can see how much the omelette pushes up the lid - a sign it's pretty much ready.

I took this just after I lifted the lid because as soon as it's taken out, it starts dropping a bit.  Lovely and light and sort of fluffy.

It is two eggs (one large and one medium because that's what I have) and two chopped mushrooms plus salt, pepper and a pinch of dried mustard.

And here's breakfast.  Mushroom omelette.  I missed a trick though.  The chives are now grown and ready for including in an omelette.  Must remember that next time!













I forgot to take a photo of lunch which is perhaps just as well, given the number of photos today.

A very scrummy dinner.  I decided I didn't need the coleslaw and I was right . . .


. . . and isn't it sad when you discover that your strawberries are going over so you absolutely HAVE to chop them up and eat them straight away - with yogurt!
Oh, the hardship!


Today's plans:
B:  bacon and egg thin, tomatoes
No explanation needed!
SW:  one heB for the thin

L:  spicy bean and veg soup; apple
From the freezer.
SW:  one syn for the soup

D:  fish pie, runner beans; yogurt and/or fruit
I have some smoked haddock for the pie and I'll add a few prawns from the freezer.  The sauce will have a milk base with some Primula soft cheese and perhaps some thickening granules, should they be needed.
The topping will be a mixed mash topping - potato, celeriac and swede probably, with some grated cheese mashed in.
SW:  two heAs for cheese in the pie and in the mash plus a bit of milk that I'm not going to count because it really won't be much.
If I use thickening granules, they are one syn per level tsp

S:  plums, easy peelers

Body Magic:  an hour of personal training

Summary:
two heAs and one heB
two or three syns


6 comments:

  1. Wow Joy, that's a very puffy omelette! Smoked haddock, along with fresh salmon, is one of my favourite fish. Natural smoked that is, not so keen on the dyed stuff, it has a bit of a funny taste. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid this is very yellow but in a pie it will, I hope, be fine. Fingers crossed, eh?
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love smoked fish of any kind and was saying to my friend yesterday that I need to check out the fish counter at Morrisons when this lockdown is over. We are aiming to eat more fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their fish (and meat) counters are pretty good, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  3. That is a brilliant omelette. I may have to invest in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much had my doubts when someone else recommended it but, as it was so cheap, I gave it a go and I'm so glad I did. It definitely earns its space.
      xx

      Delete