Thursday 23 April 2020

Thursday, 23-04-20

Good morning!
Yesterday wasn't a great day in some way.  I didn't sleep much over Tuesday night and my silly neck and shoulder were plating up so I ended up postponing personal training.  I could tell it was going to be what I call a 'hungry' day.  It doesn't mean hungry as in 'I could eat that elephant someone left in the middle of the room', it's emotional stuff.  However, apart from a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter, I stayed in control, so that cheered me up no end!
And on the good side, the Slimming World magazine arrived.  This month's is a freebie for everyone who is taking part on the Zoom online meetings (what a good come-hither) and I'm looking forward to discovering a new set of recipes to try.

My meals were nice.


Breakfast went down a treat.  I used a little bit of Primula light to spread over the thin halves and it worked well as another 'layer' of flavour, as the chef-types say.  So, what with that plus a few bits of cheddar that fell into my mouth while I was grating a block of Cathedral cheddar of the freezer, it made up the other healthy extra A.



Lunch was those courgette fritters.  The halved mixture made seven fritters so next time I will try to get a more convenient eight.  Baking them was very easy although I'd like to try frying (in spray oil) at some point.  The dipping sauce was a good match and I couldn't get through all of the salad so I have some for today.
The recipe is in yesterday's entry as a link.



Dinner looked a right mess but was tasty and scrummy.  I didn't cook the vegetables as there were plenty in the casserole.  Dessert was a mixed fruit salad with some fat free natural yogurt on top.



On to today's plans:
B:  Tomatoes on toast
I'll spray roast the tomatoes (yum) and spread a bit of primula light on the toast to prevent sogginess.
SW:  one heB and half a heA

L:  chicken, bacon and vegetable soup; apple
From the freezer.
SW:  free

D:  diet cola chicken with a side salad; fruit salad
There are so many recipes out there for this.  Basically it is chicken and veg with a sauce that has diet cola as its base with herbs/spices to suit the creator.  I've put something together that has onion, mushroom and peppers (my favourite combination) while the saue is cola, chicken stock, garlic granules, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, Lea and Perrins, soy sauce and some lemon juice. 
I'll be honest and say that proper cola does better as the sugar caramelises and makes for a gorgeously gooey and sticky sauce, but this works well too.
The salad is yesterday's leftovers.
SW:  With any luck, this well be SW free, but see below in summary

S:  plum, easy peelers

Body Magic:  ironing, bit of work down the allotment

Summary:
half a heA and one heB
hmmm - it looks as if I haven't planned in any syns which is a bit 'dangerous'.  Perhaps I will use half a tbsp oil in the cola chicken - I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment