Friday 10 April 2020

Friday, 10-04-20

Good morning.

Yesterday, breakfast and lunch sort of morphed into one meal, eaten outside in the warm sunshine.  Very pleasant.
Dinner was colourful and filled me up nicely.
The chip spice I used was very nice but the chips ended up a bit soggy and I'm not sure why.  Maybe I didn't dry them enough or maybe they were just cut too bit or perhaps I should have given them a little longer.



Today's food plans are:
B:  waffles, fruit and natural yogurt
It's a half portion of waffles, cooked last week and frozen.  I have loads of fruit so I think I will chop it, fold it into some yogurt and then use the reheated waffles as a sort of dippy thing.
SW:  half a healthy extra A, one and a half syns for one tbsp agave nectar

L:  roast beef salad; apple
I'll use one of my precious slices of roast beef and just have it with a large mixed salad - some call it a choppy salad.
SW:  free

D:  roast chicken dinner; a nice fruit salad with yogurt
When I went shopping, they had some nice free range whole chickens and I'm afraid I fell.  It has to be cooked today so this week's roast dinner is today, not Sunday!  I'll cook the chicken in my lovely enamel container that stops the meat from drying out and with it I will have a range of sides.  Some roasted veg (freezer), broccoli or runner beans (I'm still working my way through last year's harvest), some stuffing and some home made cranberry sauce, using frozen cranberries.  It's a bit lavish, syn wise, but it's Easter!
SW:  Well now, let me work it out.
The roasted veg is one syn (for oil)
The cranberry sauce is three syns for one level tbsp sugar and, if I need any more sweetness, I will use stevia.  I don't do that nonsense about synning cooked fruit.
The stuffing will be half a syn for a skinny sausage and the dried mix is four syns for 25g which will be plenty - I really won't need as much as that

S:  plums, easy peelers

Body Magic:  I might go for a walk.  I'm keeping off the physical programme for a few days as I seem to have done something to my neck/left shoulder and it's been quite painful on and off.

Summary
half a heA - not ideal but deliberate as I'm having a lot more syns than usual
ten syns - within the SW limit but more than I usually have and it may be less, depending on how much sauce and stuffing it makes.

I love a chicken carcass!  I will strip all the meat off and portion it out and then boil up the carcass in the pressure cooker with some herbs, aromatics, onion and maybe carrot and celery to make a really good stock.

4 comments:

  1. What fabulous looking chips, I though,and then read that they didn't taste so good. What a disappointment! You always seem so focussed, Joy....an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be fair, they tasted fantastic but they weren't crisp. Probably my fault.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I actually love soggy chips. Totally agree with you regarding chicken. I do feel if an animal has been killed to enable us to eat we shouldnt waste anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It only seems right to me.
      xx

      Delete