Tuesday 7 April 2020

Tuesday, 07-04-20

Morning!

Beans on toast make a very filling breakfast and was just perfect after time at the lotty.  It's so red because I add tomato puree and a splash of Lea and Perrins for added oomph.



Leftovers but just as nice as the first half - and the coleslaw was pretty nice too!


The last of the beetroot burgers and no chance of getting any more at the moment.  Maybe I could find a recipe.





Today's plans:
B:  mushroom omelette and tomatoes; mini yogurt drink
SW:  two syns

L:  smoked salmon dip with carrot and celery batons and side salad; apple
SW one syn for mayo in the dip

D:  refried bean quesadillas, salad, maybe coleslaw; yogurt and/or fruit
Basically, I will spray fry some onion and then add the baked beans I kept aside yesterday, rinse, season and spice them and sort of slightly mash them (is the term 'crush'?) before spreading the mix over half a wrap, adding cheese, folding the other side of the wrap over and spray frying till the wrap goes a bit crispy and the cheese inside has melted.  Nice.
You're supposed to have this with salsa and soured cream.  The coleslaw will take the place of the salsa (sort of) or maybe I can knock up a sort of salsa (no leaf coriander though - I can't stand the stuff) while natural yogurt can be the soured cream substitute.
BBC Good Food uses kidney beans for this but I'm being thrifty and using the leftover baked beans instead.
SW:  one (or maybe a bit more) heA for the cheese, one B for the wrap, one syn for coleslaw

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  Joe and Lindsey's programmes.  When I can't (or shouldn't) do what Joe says, I am subbing one of Lindsey's exercises instead.
Also, maybe some gardening!

Summary:
up to two heAs and one B
four syns
quite by accident, it's a non meat day - always more frugal!


4 comments:

  1. I always add Worcester Sauce to my beans too. My food order came yesterday but only white bread, no wholemeal. Never mind, I don't eat a great deal of bread and in the current situation, I can't see it really matters. So far (since our online SW meetings) I have lost 1.5lb, lost 1lb, maintained. Fortunately I had a pair of scales in the loft! Aiming for a bit better this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that, is the circumstances, you are doing extremely well - good for you! I think a lot of Slimming Worlders are having to modify the programme right now and I doubt it will make all that much difference as long as generally one is eating healthily.
      xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A case of 'on plan when you can'

    ReplyDelete