Saturday 25 April 2020

Saturday, 25-04-20

Good morning.  Well, here I am, slightly muggy headed, feeling more than a little bit stuffed after yesterday's indulgences and truly ready to get straight back on track again.
It was nice, yesterday was, but I am so glad I don't eat and drink like that every day.

(Must sort out a divider for May!)

So straight on to today's plans.  I find that after yesterday's f&v box delivery, I have loads and loads of fresh stuff so that's going to be reflected in my meal choices over the next week.

B:  waffles, fresh fruit salad and natural yogurt
SW:  half a heB

L:  prawn and feta avocado with a large mixed salad - a blogging friend calls it a 'choppy' salad.
I need to weigh the avocado to work out the syns so I will gently mix the flesh with a few prawns and 45g cubed feta plus a few olives and one tbsp super-light mayo and pile it on a bed of shredded lettuce.
I'll have the other half tomorrow*
SW:  For now, I am estimating three and a half syns for the avocado (two syns per 30g and the avocado isn't too big), one heA for the feta and one and a half syns for eight olives plus half a syn for the mayo.

D:  tuna and new potato salad with tartare sauce dressing
This is one of the recipes from the new SW magazine, p 63.  I'll have to modify the dressing as I don't have fromage frais; it will have to be yogurt instead so fingers crossed that it works.
It will require only half a can of tuna so the rest will match perfectly with the other avocado half tomorrow.
SW:  free

S:  lots and lots of water!!!

Body Magic:  some time at the allotment, some ironing

Summary:
one heA and half a heB.  I'm not fussed about the rest today.
five and a half syns but it might be a bit more after I've weighed the avocado flesh.
a non-meat day.  That's nice.

* I will keep the stone in the other half of the avocado, brush some lemon juice over the cut flesh and closely wrap it in cling film.  This, kept in the fridge, should keep it fresh.

4 comments:

  1. I love avocado, husband doesn't so it's a rare treat for myself. Mixing it with prawns and feta sounds delicious. So does your dinner, in fact I might have that myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to both meals and hope you enjoy yours - It's a good time of year for fresh stuff.
      Such a shame 'Him' doesn't like avocado. They're so good for us in reasonable quantities.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I do the same thing with avocados. They are so expensive here I only have half at a time to make them last longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love avocado so doing it that way lengthens the pleasure as well. They're not cheap, I agree, sadly.
      xx

      Delete