Thursday 16 April 2020

Thursday, 15-04-20

Morning, fellow frugal slimmers (and others).

I'm having a great old time with the TV at the moment.  Lots of programmes on cheap and tasty recipes you can make with what's in the cupboard, etc.  I'm particularly addicted to Jamie's 'Keep Cooking' and BBC's  Daily Kitchen Live with Matt Tebbut and one of my personal favourites, Jack Monroe.  Did anyone catch it yesterday when Nadiya made baked bean falafels.  I think I really have to make (or adapt) this recipe.

After a couple of hours down the allotment, this cooked breakfast really hit the spot and tasted great.  They say hunger is the best thing for making simple food taste great, don't they?


I forgot to take a photo of lunch until I had scoffed most of it.  Never mind, you get the idea.

The con carne was tasty and filling and, as hoped, I was able to spoon off half of the mince mixture before adding the chilli and the kidney beans.

That's today's dinner nearly sorted.

Today's plans:
B:  pancakes, fruit and natural yogurt
SW:  one heB and one and a half syns for some agave nectar

L:  tuna mayo jacket potato, salad and coleslaw; apple
I mix the tuna with some mayo and, probably, with some cottage cheese as well as I have some to use up.  I might cook the last slice of bacon in the fridge to sprinkle in bits over the jacket potato/tuna.
I'm going to use half the potato for lunch and the other half to slice and top the mince for dinner with some cheese sprinkled over as well.
I might have some of the apple in the coleslaw.
SW:  a maximum of two syns for mayo in both tuna mix and coleslaw

D:  leftover mince with a sliced potato and cheese topping, veg; fruit and/or yogurt
I have so much veg to choose from, I'm not really sure, but it's all good stuff!
SW:  one syn for the mince, one heA for the grated cheese

S:  as usual - plums and easy peelers

Body Magic:  allotment

Summary:
one heA and one B
four and a half syns
it's all nice and thrifty today.  Extra veg has made the mince do two meals instead of one, I will use just half the can of tuna as I've used up all my small cans now and it's all home made.

2 comments:

  1. My favourite cooking programme is Masterchef (amateurs or professionals - I don't watch the celebrity version). The final of this years competition is on tonight and I'm really excited! I've been watching all sorts over the past few weeks. Your food looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, Masterchef is the one I can't get on with. Maybe it's because their food is right out of my sphere!
      xx

      Delete