Sunday 12 April 2020

Sunday, 12-04-15

Morning.

After dealing with the chicken yesterday I was left with enough 'good' pieces for two roast dinners (now in pots in the freezer), enough bits for three meals (I had two of them yesterday) and some great stock.  I added bay, sage and thyme from the garden plus carrot, onion and celery and then boiled all the bits, bones, skin and other bits) in the pressure cooked for an hour before straining it and reducing it down.  As well as that, the fat on top was a bit firmer than it often is so I was able to skim it cleanly off and I will use it for various things this week.  I know it's animal fat but it is flavour and I'm not going to waste it!

Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast was supposed to be overnight oats but I forgot to 'overnight' them so it was fruit salad and yogurt, eaten in the warm sunshine!


The coronation chicken worked well adapting the recipe I linked to yesterday.
I used two tbsp super light mayo and one of yogurt, chicken tikka masala paste, apple instead of sultanas and some lime juice.

I have to admit, dinner didn't look great.  I cooked broccoli and leek in chicken stock with garlic and onion granules and some chilli flakes.  When it was all soft and most of the stock had cooked away, I blended it and put it back in the pot with some not-Parmesan and some lemon juice and then folded in the chicken.  I then added the cooked pasta and a few ladlesful of the pasta cooking water which gave it a silky sort of texture and it was flippin' gorgeous with a bit more cheese on top.  It looks short on veg but it really isn't ass the green-ish colour is all broccoli and leek.
What's in the photo was too much so I've got enough for lunch today.  Thank you, Jamie.

Today's meal plans:
B:  hot cross 'bun' baked oats
This was on the SW site.  No, it isn't a good sub for a proper hot cross bun but I have not bought any of them this year, deliberately, so I will at least get a bit of delicious spiciness another way.
The actual recipe uses sultanas but I think I will use blueberries or, maybe, some chopped apple instead.
SW:  one heB

L: chicken and veg pasta leftovers, tomatoes and cucumber on the side; apple
SW:  half a heA and one syn (for oil)

D:  cottage pie, runner beans, carrots; fruit and/or yogurt
 I really like cheesy mixed root veg (equal amounts of potato, swede and parsnip) mash so will probably use that for the topping.
If I add some mixed veg to the mince (which is already cooked and frozen), it should make two portions so that will be tomorrow's lunch sorted.
SW:  one (or a bit more) heA, one syn for the mince

S:  plum, easy peeler, pear

BM:  time down the allotment

Summary:
about two heAs and one heB
two syns

No comments:

Post a Comment