Friday 17 April 2020

Friday, 17-04-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's meals matched the sunshine - bright and colourful.

for breakfast I stewed some fruit that was going very soft - strawberries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries and plum and added just a bit of stevia.  The pancakes were 40g wholemeal SR flour, one medium egg, one mini yogurt drink (2 syns) and a splash of milk and it made seven so four are tucked away in the freezer for another breakfast.  I took the messy photo to show what it's like inside - layered pancake and stewed fruit with a blob of natural yogurt on top.
So good!

A tasty lunch, nothing difficult, just really nice, light and, as the same time, filling.  I found one more little can of tuna so used it all.

Dinner was the cheesy potato topped mince and I decided to have a go at a cauliflower 'steak' which was actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be.

Today's plans are:
B:  fruit and yogurt
Nice and simple
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  cheg salad, coleslaw (left over from yesterday); apple
Cheg is short for cheese and egg.  I think it is also called devilled eggs.  I will hard boil a couple of eggs and when they are cool, shell them, cut them in half and take out the yolk, mix the yolk with some mayo, some cheese and seasonings, including some chives from the garden.  Then pile the yolk mixture back into the whites and serve with a salad.
SW:  one heA for some cheese (or maybe a bit more) and up to two syns for mayo in the egg and in the coleslaw.

D:  fish, chips and mushy peas; fruit and/or yogurt
My Friday treat, proper fish and chips, using my healthy extra B for the breadcrumbs.  I have mushy peas in the freezer, nice home made ones, and the chips will be the usual ones and this time I shall make sure they're proper dry before popping them in the actifry.  I will spray and bake the breaded fish, I think, rather than do it in a pan.
SW:  one heB for the breadcrumbs, three syns for half a tbsp oil and one syn for some super light mayo

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  allotment work and an hour of personal training this afternoon.

Summary:
one (maybe a bit more) heA and one B
six and a half syns
I'm still sticking to the restricted eating and I'm used to it now; it feels natural.





2 comments:

  1. Well done Joy, on sticking with it and getting rid of the weight you'd gained. I need to find the discipline I used to have, as I'm carrying more extra pounds than I'm comfortable with. Not being able to exercise with the regularity and intensity that I used to really doesn't help, but neither does chocolate in the quantities I've been scoffing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind, thank you, Scarlet.
      I find I have rather lost my taste for chocolate - I didn't miss it over Easter, that's for sure.
      However, exercise definitely does help so it's a lot harder for you now. All the best with your efforts and do stay in touch.
      xx

      Delete