Wednesday 15 April 2020

Wednesday, 15-04-20

Good morning.
Yesterday started off very badly.  I hadn't slept well and was in a very sorry-for-myself frame of mind.  Breakfast was almost a disaster with spoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter but, thank goodness, common sense returned before I was too far into the jar.

I decided I needed to do something creatively healthy in the kitchen so, as a veg box I had ordered arrived, I get out that unexpected veg stock I told you about yesterday and to it I added right conglomeration of stuff, some of it bits and bobs - onion, leek, cabbage, potato, celery, sweet potato, carrot, peas, sweet corn - and to that I added the cooked chicken I had cot out for lunch, some bacon (all visible fat taken off) and some orzo and just to finish off, one of the pots of good chicken stock I had made over the weekend.  Oh, and various seasonings - salt, pepper, garlic granules, cajun spice and chilli flakes.
And it was gorgeous!
So I had that for lunch rather than the chicken salad, there's one good portion for today and another in the freezer.  It's so cold right now, soup feels the right way to go.
And all syn free!  Yay.

Lovely!


I used the chip spice mix I made on both salmon and carrot chips.  Nice.


Today's plans:
B:  cooked breakfast
This will be bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms.
SW:  free - yay!

L:  the chicken and veg soup, as above
SW:  free

D:  chilli con carne with added veg, posh rice; fruit and/or salad
I will jazz up one of my portions of savoury mince with a dried (home grown) chilli and some mixed veg from the freezer and serve it with some posh rice and a good dollop of natural yogurt.  I'm hoping that, with the additions, the mince will last two days
SW:  One syn for the mince (assuming it does two days; if not, one and a half syns) and if I have a third of the pouch of rice, that will be one syn.  To be honest, it's more likely to be half, but we'll see!

S:  as usual, fruit

BM:  down the allotment.  Personal training has been deferred until Friday.

Summary:
no healthy extras - ooops.  Never mind, I am sure I won't starve!
two and a half syns


And, saving the best until last, I have finally lost all the weight I gained in the months before, and over, Christmas.  Phew, what a relief. 
Hopefully, next week will be new territory again.
It's taken around six months to get to this point, what with the times spent gaining and then losing again and I'm amazed that I've stuck with it when it would have been so easy to just give in.  That's what has always happened before.  I've learnt a lot about myself over this part of the journey and it's hopefully going to stand me in good stead over that next few months.  That last half stone or so is not going to be easy.
But I will do it!  I will, and I will keep with it because I've found my way of eating, the pattern that works for me.

So - fingers crossed and on we go!

6 comments:

  1. Really well done, Joy, so glad for you. And well done on not gorging on the peanut butter! I too love the odd spoonful of the crunchy stuff....fortunately though, I can't eat more than 2 tsps, I find it too cloying. Have a good day, and keep going....the end is so clearly in sight for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I managed more than that - but it was teaspoons so could have been loads worse. It is lovely stuff, isn't it. Mind you, it filled me up - lots of protein in peanuts, isn't there?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done, you must be so pleased. It's strange isn't it how sometimes you just carry on at the point you'd usually give up, I've been like that with exercise, a wonderful mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a mystery and I am very, very pleased, thank you. Now it's onward and downward! Nine pounds to go!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Super news! Your determination to stay the course is admirable. I'm just glad to be maintaining and not adding any new weight while I'm stuck indoors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I'm encouraged.
      Maintaining is great in these difficult times so well done to you too.
      xx

      Delete