Sunday 26 April 2020

Sunday, 26-04-20

Good morning!

I forgot to take a photo of yesterday's breakfast.  Suffice it to say, it was lovely and I have half the waffles left for another time.

I said lunch was a big salad and so it was.  The mix of protien-y/Greek-y things was nice but I don't think the prawns I added gave anything much to the taste and weren't necessary.  The grapes I added at the last minute definitely did.
Three and a half syns was just about right for the avocado - it wasn't a very big one.


Dinner was a bit disappointing, maybe down to the dressing.  Subbing yogurt just didn't work.  I think I'd have done better to zing up some proper tartare sauce really, given that I'm too frugal to go out and get something specially (and it's hard to find anyway).  Or creamed horseradish might have worked.
It was OK, just a bit boring.



I think a big problem is that oil free dressings really don't work.  They just taste 'dry' and lack that certain 'je ne sais quoi' that makes a good dressing work.  A shame.
Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg and roasted tomatoes
SW:  free

L:  tuna mayo stuffed avocado, salad
I'll just take out the stone and fill the hole with some tuna mayo.  It'll be nice with a side salad and uses up the half avocado and the half can of tuna left over from yesterday.
SW:  three and a half syns for the avocado and one for some mayo to mix with the tuna.

D:  roast beef, new potatoes, assorted roasted Med veg
I'm still working my way through the slices of slow roast beef from a YS joint I found ages ago and I have plenty of suitable vegetables to roast, including onion, assorted peppers, courgette, mushroom, tomatoes and I might also add some cauliflower to the mix.  Seasonings will include salt and pepper, garlic granules and some oregano as that's now ready to start picking.
SW:  three syns for half a tbsp olive oil and two syns for creamed horseradish

S:  plum, easy peeler

Body Magic:  Work down the allotment

Summary:
no healthy extras today but the whole day's eating is healthy enough anyway!
nine and a half syns - bit more than usual but well within the 15 recommended as a maximum.


2 comments:

  1. Every time I see the chips in your header picture I feel hungry. They just look so tasty and crispy. My stomach is rumbling as I type

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of everything, they are my absolute favourite treat. I do love my actifry!
      xx

      Delete