Monday 20 April 2020

Monday, 20-04-20

Good morning.

By the time I got back from the allotment yesterday, it was nearly twelve and I decided to skip breakfast and wait till two for lunch.

Not a great photo but it was a very nice lunch indeed.  I'm definitely making more baked bean falafels at some point.

Dinner did look typically Jamie Oliver messy without his flair for messy-stylish, looking absolutely nothing like the picture on the relevant page but it was gorgeous.  Definitely making this again!  I added a bit of bacon that needed using and it went really well.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/sausage-recipes/sausage-and-apple-bake/

Today's plans:
B:  bacon and scrambled egg
I seem to have a lot of eggs with more coming today with a salad box order so it's egg-day today.
SW:  free

L:  asparagus quiche, salad, coleslaw; apple
The quiche is a SW recipe and I will have to swap a few ingredients but nothing too difficult.  The recipe makes four so I will have to halve it, I think, once I have weighed the asparagus that I have.  I might add some cooked new potatoes as well.
https://www.prima.co.uk/all-recipes/healthy-recipes/a31247391/slimming-world-crustless-quiche/
SW:  half a syn for one tbsp super light mayo and if I add some cheese on top (which I may well do), one healthy extra A

D:  salmon with broccoli, cauliflower and runner beans; fruit or yogurt
I may even be very naughty and use one of my pats of butter (as described in an earlier post) on the salmon as it bakes.  That would be lovely.
SW:  three syns for the butter

S:  fruit - easy peeler, plum

Body Magic:  More time down the allotment.  What with the walking to and fro for water, manure and bark chippings, plus the bending and stretching while forking over and weeding, it's a great all round exercise and I'm rarely there for less than an hour, more often nearer two.
Plus, in the end, lots of lovely freshy vegetables and fruit.  Win-win!

Summary:
just one heA - ooops.
three and a half syns
it feels like a really summery menu today, perfect for sunny weather.



4 comments:

  1. Butter adds such a wonderful taste to everything Joy. I think a little pat on the salmon would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, yes. I've missed it but I daren't have a whole pack calling to me from the fridge. I don't know why I didn't think of this before really.
      xx

      Delete
  2. My food tastes ok, but I'd never win any prizes for presentation. Even when I really try hard, it doesn't look fancy enough for Masterchef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor I, usually. I just don't have the 'eye'. Never mind, it's the flavour that matters the most and I bet you win on that every time.
      xx

      Delete