Saturday 4 April 2020

Sunday, 05-04-20

Morning!

Yesterday's food photos:
The usual waffles with fruit and yogurt.  As usual, the mix made six segments so I had three and saved three.  I was going to have them later, if I wanted, but they're still in the fridge so I will freeze them for another breakfast this coming week.

I made a lovely big pot of spicy bean and mixed veg soup.  Loads left over - some for the freezer for other lunches and another portion for today.
I forgot to have the grated cheese with it though.

Dinner was the chicken and veg pasta with runner beans - also very tasty and filling.  It looks low on the veg but the chicken part had plenty of veg in it.


Today's food plans:
B:  sausage and apple patty, pitta, tomatoes, mushrooms'
I will take the skin off the sausages and mix the inside with some grated apple, a bit of mustard powder, some garlic, etc, shape it into some meatballs and spray fry it before adding sliced mushroom and tomatoes, piling it all into a pitta when it's all cooked.
SW:  one syn for the sausage and one heB for the pitta

L:  spicy bean and veg soup, grated cheese; apple
Second day soup is always nicer.  Flavours develop.
SW:  one syn for the soup, one heA for the cheese

D:  roast beef dinner; fruit and/or yogurt
Last week's roast dinner was so tasty, I decided to repeat the experience.  I will have roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, some Mediterranean roasted vegetables and maybe some carrots.  I don't have the meaty gravy like I had last week but what I've done is blended a bit of the bean and veg soup, added a bit of water and some marmite and it's actually made quite a flavoursome gravy.  I must remember that.
SW:  the Yorkshires are one syn each so that's two syns plus half a heB, the roasted veg will have one tsp oil which is two syns and the creamed horseradish is two syns per level tbsp

S:  I've not been having snacks recently but I like to have them planned just in case so it's easy peelers

Body Magic:  I'm going to see what the Joe Wicks work out for seniors is like today.

Summary:
one heA and one and a half heBs
eight syns
although it all sounds fairly lavish, it's all stuff I have in freezer (mostly) and cupboard so it's thrifty.  Even the roast beef is slices cut from a reduced joint I slow roasted weeks ago, sliced and froze in separate slices

Today I must plan next week's meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment