Wednesday 29 April 2020

Wednesday, 29-04-20

Morning.  Yesterday's weather was miserable and I'm glad I had planned some feel-good type meals.

This went down a treat.  I made a sausage patty simply by taking off the skin (which I find rather tough anyway) and reshaping the sausage meat and I sprayed the cut sides of the roll and just 'fried' them in the pan after everything else was done.  It took about a minute for the bread to crisp up.
So tasty with one tbsp brown sauce.

Afters was some fresh pineapple.


Lunch was leftovers from dinner the day before and perfect with baked beans.
I had half the beans and will finish the rest today.


I was looking forward to dinner all afternoon and it didn't disappoint.






Today's food plans - designed to keep me cheerful on another gloomy and damp day:
B  bacon and scrambled eggs, sliced pineapple
Again, I have lots of eggs to use up - they may not get to the supermarkets but there seem to be plenty around.  I've opened a small pack of bacon and don't particularly want to freeze any of it, hence bacon based breakfasts for a few days.
SW:  free

L:  baked bean falafel pitta with salad and yogurt mint dipping sauce; apple
I drained the rest of the baked beans and have just zizzed them down with seasonings, spices, onion and one level tbsp gram flour plus, oddly, some orange zest (because I have some to use up).  It's chilling in the fridge right now and later I will make some small patties to spray and oven bake.  The dip is just yogurt and mint sauce with some lemon juice and seasonings.
SW: one heB for the pitta, two syns for the gram flour and one syn for some mayo (if I have any)

D:  steak, potato rosti, roasted med veg
Normally I would have SW style chips but I had chips yesterday so I thought I'd have a go at something I haven't made before and that's rosti.  As I haven't planned any heAs, I thought I might add some cheese so I've looked around and it is a thing, definitely.  I'll play around with grated potato, cheese, egg yolk and various seasonings and then, probably, spray bake in the oven as it will be on for the veg anyway.  Fingers crossed.
The steak is what's left of what I bought for my birthday and I decided then not to freeze it; it needs to be eaten up by today - that's my excuse anyway.
SW:  definitely one heA for grated cheese, perhaps more, one syn for two tsps of mustard (to go with the steak) and three syns for half a tbsp olive oil for the roasted veg.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  30 minutes of personal training.  No allotment as it's nasty and wet!

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As and one healthy extra B
seven syns
not in any way frugal, not with steak, but the falafels are leftovers and I'm using stuff from the freezer and in the cupboard.  No special ingredients (apart from the steak, of course)!
as I have PT at ten thirty, I will have to have my breakfast earlier than usual, at ten.  The last time I had a PT session before eating, I went all giddy and don't want to repeat the experience


6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, a bit of blue sky here in East Sussex at the moment. I got slimmer of the week last night, for my 1lb off. I think courtesy of the lockdown because the usual losses and losers aren't happening but I'll take it, in four years it's the first time ever. It really gave me a lift and I hope has inspired me to do better. Your photos and meal plans always look/sound tasty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, Lyn, don't negate the achievement, especially at this time. I'm glad it has inspired you.
      I would have too, except that I gained the week before. Never mind! :-)

      I'm looking forward to my meals today, that's for sure.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy. It looks like being another cold one here and rain is forecast. I think a lazy day is on the cards for me. I may have to google rosti recipes as it's something I haven't made before but often think of cooking. I am starting to lose a bit of weight at long last. Thanks for all the inspiring meal suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you - just a bit at a time and before you know it, it's a lot off.
      The usual rosti recipes are rather oil/fat laden and I'm wondering if the cheese will help with that one.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Not as cold or miserable as yesterday but rain due.i know we really need it. Your meals are so varied and healthy. You really are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks. I really think that interesting and varied thing is what has got me to where I am and SW is particularly good at recipes and encouraging home cooking. Luckily I enjoy cooking.
      xx

      Delete