Thursday 2 April 2020

Thursday, 02-04-20

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's food photos:
Breakfast that was more like a lunch.  It was delicious and perfect for just before a PT session.  Tuna salad wrap with extras.

A breakfast for lunch.  A big plateful that kept me topped up right until dinner time.

Well, it said turkey curry on the container but it wasn't, it was veg curry and the other is chick pea curry out of a pouch.  Not a pretty bowl of food but it tasted great!

I now have the rest of the chick pea curry to use up.  Maybe I'll freeze it?












I made a batch of chick peas - a fast soak and then a gentle simmer for about two hours.  Some bay leaves and a chilli (both from the garden) gave the finished pulses a great flavour.  Not spicy at all but with more flavour than just using water.  I open froze them and they're now in a big bag ready for when I want to scoop some out to use.
Pulses are a slimmer's best friend.


Today's food plans:
B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt; mini yogurt drink
Half of the pancakes I made last week and froze.
SW:  half a heB and two syns

L:  sweet potato and celeriac gratin, maybe some salad; apple
Another made last week, half eaten at the time and the other half frozen.
SW  one heA (cheese)

D:  salmon, peas, runner beans and SW-style chips; fruit and/or yogurt
SW:  two syns for one tsp oil to cook the chips and one syn for some mayo for chip dunking.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  PE with Joe, personal training exercises

Summary:
half a heB and one heA
five syns
A good day for freezer based food.

Last night's online SW meeting was surprisingly successful.  Eight of us managed to gather online and I'm looking forward to next week's now.






6 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy. Nothing like a breakfast for lunch and vice versa. I bet you felt comfortably full all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win! I certainly did. That breakfast lunch was just perfect after an hour of personal training.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with 'upside down ' eating. We just had an almost Full English for our evening meal. Just fancied it so why not? I tend not to eat at breakfast time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to do whatever works, really. I agree, totally why not. I bet it was delicious!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I don't eat a lot of pulses but bought some hummus today and made carrot and lentil soup for lunch so I guess that counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, very definitely it counts. Whenever I made a savoury mince of any kind, whether it be curry, chilli, bolognaise, etc, I always add some red lentils. It helps the meat to go further, thickens and flavours and you really can't see them as they mush
      I love pulses!
      xx

      Delete