Saturday 4 April 2020

Saturday, 04-04-20

Good morning.
Yesterdays meal photos.
Bacon and egg roll with tomatoes on the side.  Yum!

The sort of lasagne went a bit wonky as I forget to use the second sheet of lasagne but it was jolly nice all the same.  The other half is now in the freezer.
What did I do with the second sheet?  Well, I'd soaked it so had to use it so I cooked it separately, had half under yesterday's portion and when the other half had dried, I carefully lifted the cheesy top, put the pasta on and replaced the tom - I'll never know after a freeze and then a reheat.

 I felt stuffed after this.  Steak, sweet potato fries and broccoli with a peppercorn sauce.  So stuffed that I didn't have any sort of dessert.

Today's food plans:
B:  waffles, fruit and yogurt, mini yogurt drink
SW  one heB and two syns

L:  spicy bean soup topped with grated cheddar; apple
I have a broccoli stem that I can add to all the other veg in this soup which is one of my favourites.  It won't be from the freezer, I shall make it from scratch.
SW:  one heA

D:  chicken and veg casserole with pasta or rice, runner beans; fruit and/or yogurt
The casserole is a portion from the freezer.
SW:  probably free

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  Lindsey's PT programme, perhaps a walk

Summary:
one heA and one B
two syns - maybe one more as I can't remember whether the chicken casserole has any syns but it's not a problem as it will be written on the container
the soup uses up all sorts of bits and bobs of vegetables so it very thrifty


4 comments:

  1. Bacon and egg, what's not to like? It's my favourite along with egg and chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh - egg and chips, now there's a thought. < makes note on planning sheet >
      Thanks!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sweet potato fries are yummy!

    ReplyDelete