Monday 27 April 2020

Monday, 27-04-20

Good morning.

Breakfast went down very well after a stint at the allotment.

I wasn't sure about this.  I added a bit of curry paste to the tuna mayo and that was nice but I think I prefer avocado with just a bit of vinaigrette or balsamic dressing really.


I was feeling a bit 'meat-hungry' so swapped the potatoes for another slice of beef.  That's the end of the frozen cooked beef now and I really must look out for another 'special' soon.  It was so useful to have those slices in the freezer.

The just slightly charred mixed veggies were delicious.  It was onion, red pepper, courgette slices, mushroom and tomato with olive oil, garlic granules, salt, pepper, a couple of bay leaves and some thyme.  Very tasty indeed.

Today's food plans:
B:  waffles, fruit salad and natural yogurt
These are the other waffles made on Saturday and they crisp up nicely with a short time in the toaster.
SW:  half a heB

L:  Some mixed veg frittata with a mixed salad, fruit
I made the frittata last week and froze half of it cut into four pieces.
I'm going to explore salad dressing recipes and see if I can cut the oil a little bit.  Failing that, I could get some commercial fat free dressings but devil and the deep blue sea come to mind here as I'm not sure they are all that nice really.
Any suggestions, please?
SW  half a heA for the cheese on the frittata and whatever I decide to do for salad dressing.

D:  chicken, leek and mushroom bake, broccoli and cauliflower; fruit salad and natural yogurt
This is a recipe from the new SW magazine, p. 22, and I don't think I need to adapt it at all, although I might just possibly add a bit of red pepper to the mix.
SW:  one syn (for cornflour or thickening granules) - the recipe says half of that but I reckon it will need a bit more.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  mowing the grass down the allotment, weeding

Summary:
half a heA and half a B
one syn (so I can afford some for a nice home made salad dressing, can't I?)

2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, food all sounds good, as usual. Sorry, can't really help with the salad dressing (except to say I think reduced-cal bought ones are vile). Good oil really makes a dressing, I reckon. Maybe a bit less oil with some added balsamic instead of ordinary vinegar, or fruit juice? Or if you want a creamy dressing, perhaps Greek yogurt with balsamic or some kind of fruit juice, or a bit of honey and/or mustard? Sorry, I'm rambling a bit here, just making things up as they pop into my head! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking along those lines. Maybe half and half oil to vinegar or even reverse the proportions and add a bit of agave nectar to take away some of the sourness. I will have to try and see. Thanks, Sooze.
      xx

      Delete