Wednesday 22 April 2020

Wednesday, 22-04-20

Good morning.



I went all cheffy for breakfast as I had on-vine tomatoes.  It's incredibly easy to spray them with spray oil (I used olive oil type) and pop in a medium to hot oven for twenty minutes.  It really does add a great flavour to tomatoes.

The quiche/frittata was lovely second day, gently warmed up.  I left the parsnip chips too long in the actifry so they were a bit bashed up by the paddle but they had caramelised beautifully and even gone a bit crunchy so that was a lucky error and one I will repeat.

I've halved the other two quarters and frozen them for half a heA each.  They'll make a good lunch or snack.

Today's food plans:
B:  bacon and egg butty, tomatoes on the side
I might use a wholemeal thin instead of a roll
SW:  one heB

L:  Jack's versatile vegetable fritters with a mint yogurt dipping sauce and a nice big salad; apple
This was on Daily Kitchen live and I really liked the look of it.  I will halve the amounts which will make two portions, one for lunch and one to freeze or keep for tomorrow.  As luck would have it, I have half a courgette that needs using up anyway. 
The recipe is below but on the programme Matt separated the egg, stirred in the yolk and whisked up the white before folding that in so that's what I will do too.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/versatile_fritters_21029
I've measured out the gram flour and it's 40g which is six syns so three per portion and I will use spray oil for the frying although I wonder if they will bake in the oven.  Maybe I could fry half and bake half and compare.
SW:  three syns for the gram flour (per portion) and half a syn for one tbsp super-light mayo to have with the salad

D:  chicken and veg pasta bake, broccoli and cauliflower; fruit salad and yogurt
The chicken and veg is already cooked and in the freezer so this will be really easy.  I'll cook the pasta, mix the two together, top with some grated cheddar and bake it while the vegetables cook.
SW:  one syn for the chicken and veg casserole and one heA for the cheddar

S:  easy peelers, plums

Body Magic:  time down the allotment (maybe) and one hour of personal training with Lindsey

Summary:
one heA and one B
four and a half syns

4 comments:

  1. The fritter recipe sounds like s nice addition to the menu. The recipe says to bake them though, not fry. I haven't seen the programme yet so I'm assuming they fried them on that.

    I've been using the last of my courgettes each time by cutting into rounded, sprinkling parmesan over and then baking. I either have them with salad or just enjoy on their own as a snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they did. Faster, I suppose, for TV. Then bake it shall be. I'd rather bake really.
      xx

      Delete
  2. All looking very tasty today (can something LOOK tasty?) I love the texture of chips that are a bit bashed up, and I'll bet your frittata/quiche tasted lovely too. Also, I think roasted tomatoes are streets ahead of uncooked ones. A maintain for me on Monday - that's 3 weeks in a row, but to be fair, was deserved. At least I'm not gaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gaining is a biggie - well done.
      xx

      Delete