Thursday 30 April 2020

Thursday, 30-04-20

Morning!
Isn't it a shame making a microwave mug cake is so very easy, that's all I'm saying! 
(I don't suppose adding raspberries to the mix makes it any healthier either)

Lunch:  baked bean falafels with mint dip, coleslaw and salad.I didn't have the pitta bread in the end - it was fine without.
And the orange zest worked a treat.  Really, really delicious.

Not particularly colourful but a lovely dinner and the rosti worked well.  I could have eaten a lot more.

One reasonable sized jacket potato made four rostis of the size you see in the photo, quite thin.  I also used 30g grated cheddar and two tsp of oil (one heA and four syns respectively) so two rostis (a portion) is half a heA and two syns.

I microwaved the potato for 3 minutes and let it cool.  I grated it all, including skin (a starchy process!) and mixed it with the cheese, the oil and some salt and pepper.  I spooned it into four rounds on a baking sheet with parchment (using a cookie cutter as a guide) and baked them in the oven at 180 for around half an hour.
I'm using the other two today.

(the last view - a new one tomorrow for May)

Today's plans:
B:  leftover rostis with fried eggs and roasted tomatoes
I'm being a little piggy and having a fried (SW style) egg on each rosti.
SW:  half a heA and two syns

L:  red pepper hummus with carrot and celery batons, coleslaw leftovers; apple
This is part of a recipe in the SW magazine, p 61.  It's supposed to go with chicken shawarma but I'm just making the hummus.
SW:  the hummus is free but I may add two syns for a tsp olive oil to improve the texture plus half a syn for the mayo in the leftover coleslaw

D:  loaded wedges, salad; fruit or yogurt
I shall use one of my pots of savoury mince, jazzed up with some cajun spice, plus some grated cheddar.  The idea is to make the wedges (in the actifry, using spray oil and cajun spice) and while they are doing, heat up the mince and let it bubble until it's nice and thick.  Then put the mince into an ovenproof dish, spread over the wedges, sprinkle over the grated cheddar and let it all melt together in the oven for about ten minutes.
SW:  one and a half syns for the mince, one and a half heAs and that's it, I hope.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  Not sure yet.  There's not much to do at the allotment apart from watering (and it doesn't need watering!) and won't be until it's time to plant stuff out

Summary:
two heAs
six syns

2 comments:

  1. It's an awful shame about mug cakes. I also find it a shame that it is so easy to dip my hand into the sultana jar. Fortunately I have have no chocolate in the children's treat tin....now that would be a TERRIBLE shame!
    Love the look of the rostis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > We think alike, don't we? Such tragedy!
      xx

      Delete