Saturday 18 April 2020

Saturday, 18-04-20

Morning!

Yesterday's food:
Breakfast was just some fruit - no photo.

Cheg'n'salad.  Just right for a lovely, sunny lunchtime.

This was gorgeous.  I do love a nice piece of cod and done in wholemeal breadcrumbs, it was worth the egg I needed, while the chips were crunchy and delicious.




Today's meal plans:
B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt
The pancakes are the other half of the batch made on Thursday.
SW:  half a heB and one and a half syns for some agave nectar

L:  Nadiya's baked bean falafels, salad, coleslaw
Giving this a go today.  At first sight, the recipe looks very Slimming World friendly.  I'm reducing it to a one can amount (no way would I want to open four cans of baked beans).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/baked_bean_falafel_36959
SW:  four syns for some gram flour and half a syn for one tbsp super light mayo but I'm hoping there might be some left over.

D:  Jamie's sausage and apple bake; fruit and/or yogurt
This was featured on Keep Cooking and I really liked the look of it.  It's one of his five ingredient recipes although I will be using mostly spray oil - Jamie's recipes tend to be a bit oil heavy.
https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/sausage-recipes/sausage-and-apple-bake/
SW:  one and a half syns for three skinny sausages (although in the interests of frugality, I'll probably make that two sausages for one syn), one syn for one tsp honey (or maybe half a syn and use agave nectar instead) and two syns for a tsp olive oil.

S:  as usual - plum or easy peeler

Body Magic:  down the allotment, weather permitting!

Summary:
one heA and one B
ten and a half syns - a bit high for me but still well within the allowance.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the JO sausage recipe Joy, I'll be doing this tomorrow, I have some (donated) apples and a pack of sausages that need using up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks rather good, doesn't it? Dead easy too.
      I will probably deskin the sausages and roll them into meatballs. The one thing I don't like about Aldi skinny sausages is the skin!
      Have a lovely day.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Joy, great seeing you most days here and on your other blog. Interesting how many of the same bloggers follow each other. Especially at the moment, great network. I've been very naughty and 'not in the mood' for a few weeks, even before the current events but yesterday I paid for 4 weeks virtual SW , found Zoom and logged in this morning for a practice session with my consultant and a few other Zoom virgins. Tuesday next is the actual SW session for our group. I'm hoping that little light switch in my head stays switched on and I can get going again. Hubby has shopped for us, he's a real hunter gatherer so there has been far too much comfort food in the house which has really tempted me way beyond. 10lbs to get back to target doesn't sound a lot but it is. Thanks as ever for all your inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really lovely little community, Lyn, and I so enjoy keeping up with everyone and reading about their exploits. It's helping a lot at a time when social engagement is much harder to maintain. How it would be without the internet, I hate to think. A lot harder, that's for sure.

      I think you'll enjoy using Zoom. It honestly isn't hard, the leader does all the organising and it is so good to see more people and chat to them. Even I, with my hearing difficulties which do impact in this sort of scenario, thoroughly enjoy the half hour or so.

      You and I have the same amount to lose now, more or less. I bet you get there first - it's really slowed d0wn for me, but the important thing is that we WILL get there.
      Good luck. xx

      Delete
    2. Having just popped a rather naughty Hotel de Chocolat caramel filled bunny in my mouth I doubt your faith in me getting there first but thank you so much! In my defensive it was from a freebie pack we received in a wine delivery (do you see a theme here?)so all gone now x

      Delete
    3. Naughty syns, chocolate and wine x

      Delete
  3. I love a piece of breaded fish too. Found myself losing focus this week so need to buckle down to it this weekend, ready for Monday's Zoom! My SW magazine has been read from cover to cover and I've got the PON books on the coffee table ready to look through for inspiration. I agree with Lyn above, blogging with like minded people provides a good network.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth the syns, isn't it?
      How's the weekend going? For me, yesterday (Saturday) evening wasn't great but I'm back on it this morning.
      I'm looking forward to receiving the new magazine soon and, like you, I'll be pouring through it for ideas and recipes. I love that SW so encourages home cooking.
      xx

      Delete