Monday 6 July 2020

Monday, 06-07-20

Good morning.

Yesterday's photos:
No food photos (I will start taking them again today) but it's been a good weekend.  A bit of a slip on Friday evening (I blame the over-large G&T) but after that it's been a great SW-friendly weekend.  I'm so pleased!

However, I do have a photo of some fresh produce.  The courgette is from Dad's garden, the beans and potatoes are from the allotment and the baby cucumber is from my garden.  Most satisfactory.
(and then I found another cucumber - they camouflage themselves well)



Today's plans:
B:  yogurt and fruit
It's easy and I can have it when I get home with no hassles

yogurt = 80 cals
apple = 50 cals
orange = 60 cals
total = 190 cals
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  courgette fritters, salad; apple
I've come home with that courgette from Dad's garden which needs to be eaten so why not, seeing how much I like them!

15g oat bran = 55 cals
egg = 78 cals
100g courgette = 18 cals
little bits of red pepper, onion and muhroom = 20 cals approx
30g not-parmesan Italian cheese = 116 cals
salad = 20 cals
1 tsp raspberry vinaigrette = 13 cals
apple = 50 cals
total = 352 cals
SW:  half a heb, one heA, half a syn

D:  courgette topped cottage pie
I'm going to use one of the pots of pork mince and probably zip it up a bit with chilli, add some extra veg, top it with courgette slices and then sprinkle over a mixture of grated cheese, breadcrumbs and herbs or spice before baking until the mixture is bubbling and the topping is browned.  Sounds OK, doesn't it?

pork mince = 150 cals
breadcrumbs = 70 cals
30g not parmesan Italian hard cheese = 116 cals
added veg = 29 cals
100g courgette = 18 cals
broad beans, 50g = 170 cals (ouch)
yogurt = 80 cals
total = 633 cals
SW:  one heA and half a heB, one syn for the pork mince mixture and half a syn for the yogurt

S:  none

Body Magic:  allotment work, I hope

Summary:
two heAs and one heB
one and a half syns
1175 cals


6 comments:

  1. Well done on a successful weekend. Lovely fresh veg. The courgette topped cottage pie sounds yummy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I hope it will taste good, I'm just a bit concerned that the courgette will turn watery - we will see.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I am right back on it now Joy. It might mean cooking a different meal for myself than Tony and I think that has been half my trouble. I am now focused and will be browsing back through some of your posts for some nice recipes. Those courgettes look lovely and fresh. I like to spiralize them and treat them like noodles in a stir fry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a little hand spiraliser, a bit like a big pencil sharpener. After all, they are essentially much the same thing, aren't they? Spiralising is a good way to use veg, isn't it>
      It's just one courgette - the other is a mini cucumber. Both are now deceased! :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. And well done for getting right back on it again. It won't always means separate cooking but sometimes - I guess it will be necessary. Hopefully, not too much though. xx

      Delete
  3. I too have a spiralizer like the one you described. I am jealous of your little cucumber. Mine are only just starting to flower... I killed the first cucumber plants by putting them out in the garden far too early. I am keeping my other two indoors and treating them like babies.

    ReplyDelete