Monday 20 July 2020

Monday, 20-07-20: DTU day one

Morning (and the name change is just temporary)

Today's the first full day so I'm calling it day one, even though I actually started yesterday afternoon.
I've discovered a few more bits of info after reading the booklet.

I can have extra fruit and veg - two portions of each per day.  Tomatoes count as fruit - fair enough, that's what they are.
I can have yogurt - up to 200g of natural yogurt per week so I will keep that for cooling the spicy stuff, if necessary.
I can add pasta/rice in measured amounts but that seems to be defeating the purpose of 'low cab' so when I feel it is needed I will add protein noodles which fits the ethos so much better.

I've also discovered the the introductory exercise thingy is a killer!

First of all, though, yesterday's photos.

 Breakfast was slightly bigger than planned as I realised I also had peeled allotment new potatoes in water.    I cooked them, sliced them, sprayed them in oil and popped them into a medium hot oven for about half an hour, adding the uncovered salmon marinated in the teriyaki sauce for the last fifteen minutes.

It may look more like a lunch or dinner than a breakfast but wow, it was delicious.
I didn't really want any lunch.  Breakfast, plus the effects of a large meal yesterday evening meant that I wasn't hungry but there was the ham to use up and you can't have ham without some tomatoes.
It was nice.




Hmmm - I'm not sure presenting the photos like this works.
Anyway, this was dinner - chinese chicken curry and rice.
The first photo is the kit.  See how huge the onion is?  I replaced it with half a small to medium sized red onion that I had in the fridge.  And the rice - a whole pouch of Tilda basmati rice for one?  No way!  I had a third and the rest is now in two portions, quick chilled and in the freezer.
I added some green beans which I cooked first (because they take ages to cook and I don't like them hard).
While it was wok-ing it smelled gorgeous and the finished meal was, I think, very, very good.  Satisfying and full of flavour.  Lovely!
Definitely one point to DTU.


That's better - so two photos, not three.
Anyway - the controversial snacks.  They're not very large portions which is good and the two I had yesterday were very tasty.  The mountain chips were crunchy and with a bit of a spicy bite to them and the lemon olives were . . .  well, lemony.  I love lemon and I love olives.  Win-win.


Today's meals:

B:  porridge with added raspberries or blueberries

L:  oriental chicken pad Thai

D:  chicken fajita pot (and a little salad on the side, I think)

Snacks:  protein bar, air dried beetroot chips and a spicy chicken on a stick.

Body Magic:  It's supposed to be a rest day but seeing as I didn't complete yesterday's, I'll do something.  It might be something from Lindsey.  I'm off to the allotment this afternoon as well

I've decided eating times will be more or less like this.  Breakfast at ten, snack at twelve, lunch at two, snack at four, dinner between six and seven and the final snack at about seven thirty.  That should work for me.






6 comments:

  1. That all sounds very tasty and absolutely moreish. I love olives and bet they were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really lovely, Cherie, and just the right amount, I felt.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had lots of variety which is a win win when you're trying to lose weight. I'm a snacky person so this would be great for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do better with variety. I don;t have many snacks now but I'm enjoying these.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Thats a good start and the addition of the extra fruit and veg is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, yes. There is actually plenty of veg in the meals too.
      xx

      Delete