Wednesday 8 July 2020

Wednesday, 08-07-20

Good morning.

Yesterday's photos:
Oh, dear.  When I drizzled the choc shot on, it looked really nice but by the time I got the plate to the camera, it had splurged all over and looked like marmite or something.  Never mind, it tasted great all the same - coffee flavoured oat bran pancakes with choc hot, strawberries and yogurt.
Yum.










Now, because of dentist and then shopping, I didn't have breakfast until nearly twelve.  Then I went to the allotment and by the time I got home it was nearly four.  I really didn't want lunch so late so I skipped it and just had some fruit - a nectarine, two little flat peaches and an easy peeler with a can of diet lemonade.
It was delicious!

Dinner may not be very colourful but, oh, I did enjoy it so much.  The beans and the potato, both from allotment, had such flavour and the fish in the crunchy batter just hit the spot.


Here's some changes to the calories.  I didn't have lunch, I had fewer potatoes than expected and changed the planned peas for beans.  Sometimes plans remain just that - plans only.
I won't bore you with the numbers, just to say the final calorie total was 1007 cals (not really enough).  Makes up for Friday evening last, maybe.  :-)






Today's plans:
B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt
Yes, I know, pancakes again.  The reason is that I had ordered a little silicon gizmo for making and flipping seven mini pancakes - you may have seen it in the adverts - and it arrived yesterday so I want to try it out.
(I've giggled my way through some you tube clips that indicate that it's not as easy as it would appear to be - we will see!  After all, I still remember with horror the first few times I use my beloved waffle maker . . .)
I'll go for orange flavouring and orange segments today, I think.  Yum.

pancake recipe = 150 cals
two oranges = 120 cals
yogurt = 60 cals
total = 330 cals
SW:  half a heB and half a syn

L:  chicken and asparagus quiche, salad; pear
From the freezer and I have just one slice left from the eight.  It's been such a useful thing to have tucked away

quiche = 234 cals
salad veg = 30 cals, approx
2 tsp raspberry vinaigrette - 26 cals
pear = 55 cals
total = 345 cals
SW:  one heA, one and a half syns


D:  steak, new potatoes, broccoli and fried tomatoes; yogurt
It's a right miserable day today and by the evening I suspect I will need something special, something that makes me feel I've been spoiled.  I have steak in the freezer, I have gorgeous new potatoes, loads of tomatoes (I went to Aldi yesterday) and broccoli is a favourite veg.
It's one of those meal that's easier to do that at first appears.
The potatoes will go in the bottom of my one the hob steamer with the broccoli above.  The steak will need attention but it's easy.  Once the steak is done and resting, the tomatoes can go in the same pan with a bit of spray oil.
Dead easy!

steak = 195 cals
150g new potatoes = 113 cals
100g broccoli = 34 cals
100g tomatoes = 18 cals
mustard = 15 cals
yogurt = 80 cals
total = 455 cals
SW:  one syn for the mustard and half a syn for the yogurt

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  it's personal training today and the way it's raining, I guess it will be delivered online.

Summary:
one heA and half a heB
three and a half syns
1130 calories




7 comments:

  1. I love a tasty steak. Meat just lately doesn't seem to have a lot of taste so I don't think I would miss it if I gave it up completely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would too. It's not just the taste, it's the 'mouthiness' of it too. It's satisfying, somehow. Filling too, of course.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not really a steak fan, would rather have fish. Good luck with your new toy! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have both, please - just not necessarily at the same time. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I never used to like steak - the fast cooked kind - until I learned how to cook it properly. Now I love it but not too often.
    However, there's little to beat a good flavoursome, meaty gravy, I totally agree. A world beater!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love steak, I font have it very often but medium rare hits the spot. I've cut back on meat by quite a bit and introduced more pulses etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it medium - just a little bit of pink in the middle. I'm getting better at achieving that too. :-)
      xx

      Delete