Sunday 5 July 2020

Sunday, 05-07-20

Good morning

Well, yesterday went pretty well.  Plans changed slightly because when I went down to Dad's veg patch, there was a courgette all ready for cutting - so I did and we had some for dinner.  Very nice indeed.
Lunch turned out to be the scrambled egg because Dad was out of ham and the online shop wasn't coming until the afternoon so that's scheduled for today now.

Dinner was gorgeous.  I know it's not necessarily authentic and purists may shudder but both Dad and I like out lamb cooked very long and slow so these lamb gigots had two hours, covered, at gas 3 and they just melted in the mouth.  With it we had a mix of left over peas and sweet corn, the new potatoes and that courgette, fried in a little brushed over melted butter (it really doesn't take much) with my other heA of grated cheese sprinkled on top.  Mmmmm.  No dessert - no room for any!


Today's plans:
B:  yogurt and fruit - same as yesterday.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  ham salad, bread and spready cheese; apple
Just what it says really.  I'm having spready cheese on the bread because it's a way of getting my healthy extra A
SW:  one heA, one heB and one syn for some dressing

D:  beef, roasted beetroot, asparagus, new potatoes (from the allotment again); yogurt
I did roasted beetroot (from Dad's garden) last time I was here and Dad requested it again.  It's very simple - just take off the leaves, leaving about a cm of stem, carefully wash the beetroots, smear over some oil, sprinkle over salt and a few herbs and slow roast.
The beef is one of those huge ribs (shared between the two of us) and I'll discard all the fat.
It's fun raiding Dad's freezer - a bit like a lucky dip.
SW:  two syns for oil on the beetroot (probably not as much as that but better safe than sorry); two syns for some gravy (again, a bit over-estimated, I think) and half a syn for the yogurt. 

S:  none

Body Magic:  really no idea.

Summary:
one heA and one heB
six syns

Back to normal tomorrow!  The post will be later than usual but it will be here. 

4 comments:

  1. Your dinners, yesterday and today, sound absolutely lovely. Dad must love having you there (of course he does) for the yummy meals especially!

    I'll email you tomorrow 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he really does enjoy the meals. He gives me free rein really and it's a lot of fun.

      Looking forward to the email 🙂

      Delete
  2. You really prove that people who wish to lose weight dont need to go without. Your meals are varied and mouthwatering. Love the sketch of the sweet peas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found on Google. It's very pretty, isn't it?
    That's a lovely thing to say thank you very much. xx

    ReplyDelete