Thursday 23 July 2020

Thursday, 23-07-20; DTU day 4

Good morning!
All going well and it's Zoom meeting this evening.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast - a 'crunch' bar.
I expected it would be like a rice crispy cake inside but it wasn't, it was solid, like the protein bar, but with a few 'bits' that could be called a crunch with an extreme stretch of the imagination.  It was nice, a real chocolate flavour hit and I nibbled at it to make it last.  It didn't feel like a breakfast but, really, that's just me, I think, and what I am used to.
Lunch was bbq pulled pork with vegetables.
I couldn't detect very much barbecue flavour at all but, all the same, it was very nice.  Maybe a dollop of Crucials bbq sauce would have helped. 

You could add some passata and seasoning and make it into two portions of a chunky, meaty soup very easily.  Lots of meat and lots of veg.  Yum.

 These were the ingredients for dinner (I'd already prepped the chips which were in the bag as a potato!), all except for a little bag of panko breadcrumbs that was hiding under the fish.  I actifried the chips and I added the last of the allotment broad beans to the peas and edamame beans.

It was a delicious dinner.
The potatoes went that colour because of their type - they weren't Maris Pipers or Kind Edwards which are the two easily available kinds that I think make the best roasties and chips.



The snacks were interesting.
The soft baked brownie was just another protein bar in disguise;  it most certainly wasn't a brownie.  It's just as well I really like the texture of the protein bars and the chocolate flavour does give a good hit.
I had some sweet chilli chips earlier in the week and these were also very nice.  A great crunch.
The fruit, seed and nut snack was the most 'normal' one I have had so far and, as I love nuts and seeds, I really enjoyed this.
All the portions are pretty small which is perfect for me.
Today's food plans:

B:  porridge with blueberries (and added blueberries)

L:  nduja (n-doo-jah) pork pasta

D:  shredded lemon chicken pasta
(hmm, rather a lot of pasta today - I may replace one portion with protein noodles)

Both lunch and dinner are a little short on vegetables so I will add some courgette to the lemon chicken (from the allotment, yum) and a simple salad to the pork pasta

Snacks:  lemon drizzle cake protein balls, Chinese chicken on a stick, salt and vinegar bakes

2 comments:

  1. It all looks good with lots of variety. I'm a snacker so it would be good for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's definitely good for snackers.
      xx

      Delete