Wednesday 29 July 2020

Thursday, 30-07-20; DTU week 2, day 4

Morning!
Weigh day and Zoom online meeting today - I think there's only two more online meetings before we go back to face to face (with restrictions) again.


Yesterday's photos:
I love this breakfast and when I make it myself, I will have to add some spice to the beans to make it as tasty - or use spicy baked beans.


Then it all went belly-up, as the saying goes.
Lindsey contacted me to ask could I change my PT to half past two.  Lunch was scheduled for two and I didn't want to bring it forward because I wouldn't be hungry earlier.
So I moved lunch to dinner and will have a left over dinner to use up on Sunday.

Here's what I subbed for lunch.  Light enough to have before PT but fairly substantial, all the same.  I was glad I had saved my snacks as it gave me a good choice.
They came to 330 calories in total so a bit of a saving there.



Dinner (originally lunch) was very tasty, especially with added cucumber and tomato from the garden.

And that was it for the day!
Today's meals:

B:  peanut granola pot 
And I will add some fruit to it, blueberries, probably.
323 calories (including the blueberries)

L:  chicken tikka pizza plus salad
I've heard good reports of this and I did enjoy the meat pizza last week so we will see.  The salad will have a lot of home/allotment grown things - cucumber, tomatoes, baby corn and beetroot - can't wait!
347 calories (including salad)

D:  Thai beef massaman curry
I might also add a dollop of natural yogurt, if it's very spicy.
524 calories (including yogurt)

Body magic:  a walk and some allotment work plus up and down stairs in the afternoon, tidying things up.

Total:  1194 calories


Edit:  since writing this, things have changed a bit.  I'll cover that in tomorrow's post!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. You have had a really good selection this past two weeks. It certainly doesn't look like diet food. Do you think it's good value for money even if a little bit on the expensive side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive, yes, but I haven't had to buy any food at all this week and cooking costs have been minimal. That, plus the exercise programme (which I haven't really done but I could have) means it isn't quite as bad as it seems at first.
      I think it's better than things like Diet Chef and the Jame plan where you have to get a lot of extra fruit and veg in as needed and it is much, much cheaper than Body Chef which I tried in the past and which is really good but very expensive.
      I wouldn't want to do the full twelve weeks but it has done what I wanted it to do and started shifting those pounds again so - pretty good value all in, I think.
      I reckon a mix and match would work too - some Muscle Food meals and some own meals. More trouble but the best of both worlds.
      xx

      Delete