Sunday 12 July 2020

Sunday, 12-07-20

Good morning

I'm so happy!
I had a real non-scale victory yesterday.  After a near disaster with a pair of size 12 jeans earlier in the week, I decided I needed consider a smaller size.  I like the Sainsbury's Tu brand of jeans.  They do them in a short which is just right for me and their 'straight' cut works well for my shape.
And you know what?  They fit.  They really do fit.  Yes, there's flab above but that's because of my ageing skin, not because they're too tight.   I'm so happy!
I got two pairs of jeans (blue and black) and also a pair of 'bermuda' style jeans too because summer is on the way!
(I also got some canvas shoes, a top and some trainer socks)

Then I was even more naughty and totally abandoned my 'frugal' approach (and it is really; even though I have things like steak and salmon sometimes, it's when they are on special, I hardly ever do anything but cook from scratch and I keep an eye on the pennies I spend) to try some ready meal stuff, after checking calories, of course.
None of these is much above 300 calories, if that and I shall have them for lunches this week.  I'll let you know what I think.


Yesterday's photos:

I didn't start breakfast until nearly twelve after going out and about to the shops.  I was hungry and it went down a treat.  It cooked quite dark, not sure why, but tasted great!
Lunch was a really nice, very easy to make ham salad.
The nectarine I had afterwards was so lovely I went straight back into the kitchen to get another one.
So that's another 50 cals.



And later, at Danger Time (around four thirty)  I had a babybel light for 42 cals.




Dinner.  I was going to steam the salmon but, as luck would have it, I'd just watched Jamie Oliver dry frying salmon so I thought I'd give it a go.  It gives it a nice colour but I think I prefer it steamed in foil really.
Isn't it odd how 200g of new potatoes looks so much but when you cut 200g of potato into chips, it doesn't look very much at all!

And here's dessert.  It was tasty.



Final calories:
The planned meals came to 1159 calories plus another 92 calories as mentioned above so the day's total was 1251 calories

Today's plans:
B:  bacon and egg eggy bread sarnie with fried tomatoes
The idea of this is to cook the bacon, fry the egg, make it into a sarnie with 30g grated cheese, dip the sarnie in a beaten and seasoned egg and spray fry.  It sounds nice - we will see.
It's a lot of calories but it's OK because lunch and dinner are lower, especially dinner.

two bacon medallions = 104 cals
two slices wholemeal = 144 cals
two eggs = 156 cals
30g grated gruyere = 123 cals
100g tomatoes = 18 cals
total = 545 cals
SW:  one heA and one heB

L:  roasted aubergine and pepper gratin with cherry tomatoes (Higgidy Family Kitchen); apple, pear or nectarine
I love the Higgidy pies and always treat Beth to one of the vegetarian ones for Christmas dinner as she loves them even more than I do.  So when I saw this, I pounced.  Hopefully, it's as tasty as their pies are.

the gratin = 278 cals
fruit = 55 cals, more or less
total = 333 cals
SW:  seven and a half syns

D:  'teriyaki' beef with stir fry veg and protein noodles; yogurt
It's not a real teriyaki, it's a Pinch of Nom substitute teriyaki sauce and the recipe is here.  Obviously, I'm just making the sauce, not anything else.
There's another recipe on Slimming Eats, that I have literally only just found, which I may try out another time.
(two of my favourite healthy recipe sites - take a look)
I will make up the sauce earlier.
I will slice the steak into thin strips and spray fry very briefly, then keep them warm while I stir fry the vegetables.  Then I will add the sauce, return the steak and serve with protein noodles.

the sauce = 100 cals for, I think, four portions but I might use more
steak = 137 cals
stir fry vegetables = 25 cals
toasted sesame oil, 10 mls = 80 cals
protein noodles (half the pack) = 22 cals
yogurt = 80 cals
Total = 369 cals
SW:  one and a half syns for the noodles, four syns for the oil, half a syn for the yogurt

S:  none

Body Magic:  Working down the allotment

Summary:
one heA and one heB
thirteen syns - because of lunch
1247 calories
I'm happier with the calorie totals this week.

8 comments:

  1. Well done - again! I'll have a look at that Slimming Eats site, thanks. 're broad beans...we've grown them this year for the first time and they're almost ready to pick. I haven't eaten them for years and years, hated them as a child hence not wanting to have them again. Any tips on cooking them? I have to say they do look a bit unappetising, never mind about the taste. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just boil them in salted water. I like them young but even more then they are a bit bigger and have gone a bit 'mealy', so to speak.
      I think they'd be nice in any sort of casserole or stew.
      Childhood experiences are very strong, aren't they?
      xx

      Delete
  2. When I first lost weight I had no money to replace my clothes, there was a skirt falling down in the street moment! I like Sainsbury's clothes, look great and wear well in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my experience too. Also, they are reasonably priced and they have regular 20% off-type offers which can make them very, very good value.
      It's always one of my first ports of call.
      xx

      Delete
  3. You have done incredibly well chipping away at the weight loss. You deserve every victory you've experienced. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It feels wonderful! Now to get to target.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Curious how you fit in three meals when you wait until noon for breakfast. I usually eat at 9:00, 1:00 and 7:00 as that gets me through the evening without snacking. I do have a snack at 5:00 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally I have breakfast at eleven, lunch at two and finish dinner by seven.
      I guess your self control is loads better than mine. :-)
      xx

      Delete