Tuesday 28 July 2020

Tuesday, 28-07-20; DTU week 2, day 2

Morning.

The box for week two arrived slap bang in the middle of the predicted time slot.  Instead of a list, I took photos this time.  Sorry about the dullness; the light was very bad.

 The snacks - all but two in a bag and away out of sight because they are very more-ish.
Of those two, one's in the freezer and one needs to go into the fridge.  The one in the fridge (cheese and pepperoni)  is pretty much the calories of a meal so I might treat it as that and have it as a lunch with a nice salad next week.
 Breakfasts.  Nothing startling there.
 Lunches.  I ordered a lot of meal kits this week because I like cooking. . .
. . . and ditto for the dinners.  Also, scraping a bit of frugality from the bottom of the barrel, the kits provide fresh veg and you don't always need all of the veg so it can go back for another meal!


Yesterday's meals.
I didn't take a photo of breakfast.  It was a pot of kvarg and an apple.

Lunch was the burger and a home made salad.  The burger was . . . OK and no more.  The M&S skinny burgers are much nicer.  I enjoyed it but can do better myself.

The salad was lovely, including fresh picked mini cucumber and tomatoes.

I also had a bag of salt and vinegar popcorn because the calories are a bit low today.
Dinner was chilli beef noodle stir fry.  It was quite hot, hence the dollop of yogurt in the middle but it was nice, very tasty, loads of beef and loads of veg - a whole green pepper, five mushrooms and two spring onions and I had the lot.

I finished off with a choc and hazelnut shot which was OK, I wouldn't get it again.

Total calories for yesterday were roughly 1110.  I swapped the dried noodles provided with the chilli beef with some protein noodles and that made a big difference.


Today's food:

B:  pancakes with blueberries and natural yogurt
Pre-made pancakes sound - er - interesting!  I've added 50g blueberries and 50g natural yogurt.
276 cals (including the add ons)

L:  beef lasagne with Italian vegetables
This is a ping meal and fingers crossed.  I haven't had lasagne in an age.
471 cals

D:  sticky chilli sausages and vegetable bake
I think this sounds really nice.  Basically, cook the sausages in a sticky chilli glaze and roast potato, carrot, courgette and red onion.  I might do that in the old actifry, that would be nice.  It looks as if it will be enormous!
503 cals (including 1 tsp oil for the actifry)

Total calories:  1250
(plus any fruit/snacks)

6 comments:

  1. I like the sound of those sausages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It might be one to reproduce, using sweet chilli sauce. Looking forward to it.
      xx

      Delete
    2. For a future frugal idea, I think jack Monroe has a recipe for "firecracker" sausages in the first book. I'm sure that's quite a sticky sauce. The DTU meals look huge! Attempting a SW round (again)...

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I'v got the book so will take a look and see.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It all looks really tasty, Joy, it's good that they supply veg with the meal kits. You'd have to be really strong to avoid the temptation of eating several of those snacks at once! Well, I would anyway lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look upon it as an opportunity to practise self-control. Fingers crossed. :-)
      xx

      Delete