Wednesday 22 July 2020

Wednesday, 22-07-20: DTU day three

Good morning.
SW weigh day is tomorrow and DTU weigh day is Friday morning so I'll know for sure then but so far the signs are good.  After some encouraging comments (thank you), I've decided to continue this for another week after this week.  That should sort any weekend problems out, I hope.
Delivery is on Monday.

Yesterday's food photos:

This was very like the breakfast bake that I've made before.  It was a ping meal but I picked off the potato cubes and gave then half an hour in the oven to crisp up before reheating the beans and sausage and then popping the potato back on top.  Very tasty indeed.



Lunch was fine.  Chicken chow mein - loads of chicken and tasty as well.  No complaints.


This was lovely!  I don't know what they used for the pizza base; it certainly wasn't a bread dough.  It was loaded with topping and what you see here was half of it.
So good.

 And the snacks.
The other half of the protein bar went down a treat in the morning - I cut it into lots are tiny pieces to savour every bit!
It is quite filling, surprisingly, and I can see how a whole bar would work as a breakfast meal, especially with a hot drink.

The other two were crispy things.  I love crispy things and was worried that they might be a trigger but that doesn't seem to be the case - not yet, anyway.
The zippers were a nicer texture than the bakes but both tasted good.
Today's plans are . . .
B:  chocolate crunch bar (I'll let you know!)

L:  bbq pulled pork and veg - a ping meal

D:  fish and chips - a recipe kit and it looks great - a nice piece of fish, real potatoes (I can use the actifry!), fresh peas and little sachets of mint sauce for the peas and tartare sauce for the fish.

Snacks:  fruit and nuts, brownie, bbq mountain chips.  The brownie feels - er - solid!

6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. It's all very intriguing and seems well thought out. I can see how it would be filling, as it's very protein based. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, but there's still some carb and the vegetable content is more than I expected, especially when you can add your own extra portions, if you wish. I might add some tomatoes to the fish and chips this evening.
      I'm liking it more than I expected.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It all sounds delicious and well put together. Good luck with Weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed so far although I still think it's expensive compared to home made. It would be, of course!! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you are getting along well -- doing the unthinkable. I have done controlled calorie plans like that before and did lose weight. Good luck to you with sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, it's a fair number of calories more than I have been doing since the start of June (was it June?) so I really did have my doubts but they seem to be unfounded.
      Thanks very much.
      xx

      Delete